X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56m Ait???

I was reading some of the info and it is rather confusing. I guess it would be best to say the highlighted phrase in particular. Does it signify OJT training vs AIT???

Reserve component soldiers with prior service may qualify by completion of either the course at USACHCS or [COLOR="Red"]complete both the Annual Training/Active Duty for Training and the Inactive Duty Training phase of MOS 56M Reserve Component Training.[/COLOR]

I have no idea, but this is my fiance's MOS and he's at the Chaplains school for regular AIT at the moment... He's National Guard (obviously). So, I"m not sure what the other part would be. Although, he's not prior service, so I guess it wouldn't matter, but he did say that he has prior service guys (both that were army and are just reclassing and from other branches) in his AIT

Comment

Sounds like normal reserve component training. You take the course Phase 1 one weekend a month for a few months, then complete it by doing two week AT or ADT (Phase 2). I've done two MOS courses like that.

Comment

[QUOTE=WV EOD tech]Sounds like normal reserve component training. You take the course Phase 1 one weekend a month for a few months, then complete it by doing two week AT or ADT (Phase 2). I've done two MOS courses like that.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, did you find this approach more productive then regular AIT? The reason I ask is not having so much stuff piled on in a short period like AIT.

Comment

[QUOTE=mak327]I have no idea, but this is my fiance's MOS and he's at the Chaplains school for regular AIT at the moment... He's National Guard (obviously). So, I"m not sure what the other part would be. Although, he's not prior service, so I guess it wouldn't matter, but he did say that he has prior service guys (both that were army and are just reclassing and from other branches) in his AIT[/QUOTE]

I am prior service (presently ARNG) and would like the opportunity to converse with him via e-mail about the training if feasible. What week is he in?

Comment

[QUOTE=blacksan]I am prior service (presently ARNG) and would like the opportunity to converse with him via e-mail about the training if feasible. What week is he in?[/QUOTE]

I Private Messaged you too about this. Sorry it took me so long to see it... he's sort of crazy this week with graduation coming on thursday/friday... but i'll let him know the next time i talk to him.

Comment

Working...
            X