X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform at RSP

I am curious...are you allowed to wear the unit that you will be assigned to Unit patch at RSP? I know that you are NOT allowed to do that at BCT/AIT...does the same apply for RSP?

I've heard different things. I was told not to at my RSP unit, however there are other people there that wear the patch for the unit they will be assigned to and the NCOs have no problem with it. They've said they don't have a problem with it, so I was going to start wearing mine, but it's changing and I don't have the new one yet.

It could be different from unit to unit, I'm not sure.

I would also like a definite answer to this, if there is one.

Comment

One of the guys I am going by and picking up in the a.m. went up to our Armory today and was told that we could wear our unit patch....he was making fun of me too b/c I do not have one yet and he picked one up today so he was telling me how good it looked on his uniform...lol....my husband said I should have said yeah but my mosquito wings look better than a blank spot in the middle of my chest....lol...we are pumped for our first RSP

Comment

Went to RSP and [I]YES[/I] at this our RSD (Recruit Sustainment Detachment) they DID allow the recruits to wear their unit's patch.
        Last edited by Hunter04; December 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM.

Comment

uniforms

when i went to drill i didn't have my uniform yet all i had was my pt uniform and they told me next time try and have a uniform by next drills

Comment

They should provide YOU with a uniform, not YOU try to have it by next drill.

Comment

[QUOTE=letzrock]They should provide YOU with a uniform, not YOU try to have it by next drill.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The military should provide you with 99% of everything you "need"

Start knockin on supply's door. There is almost no such thing as reimbursement in the guard.

Comment

uniform

i know my recruiter was at some kind of schooling and i had to go to my first drill (RSP) by myself he left the day i got back for meps and had to be gone for two weeks

Comment

You should be given your uniform by your RSP unit, not your recruiter. You will be issued uniform, patrol cap, shirt, socks, boots, belt, pt gear. I'd check with your RSP NCOIC about those items.

Comment

I went this past weekend, and they issued us BDUs, a battle book, and the RSP guide.....so yea they're supposed to "GIVE" you everthing you need.

Comment

uniforms

they gave me a pt uniform and thats it

Comment

Sometimes it takes a while for you to get your stuff, don't worry if you don't have it the first few drills. Just take a comfortable, non-scruffy pair of civies with you next drill to change into after PT. You don't want to be wearing your PTs around all day, it neither looks good nor smells any better ;)

When I enlisted, I was never issued a set of ACUs or PTs are RSP, I'm sure it was because I was a quick ship and they knew I'd be getting it soon anyway. This past weekend at drill there was a table with a bunch of uniforms on them, and whoever didn't have a uniform yet was told to get in line. Not sure how it turned out, how many got them, etc, because we were too busy teaching new guys DnC, but I know quite a few more people had ACUs on shortly after :P

Comment

uniforms

yeah i took other clothes some of the others didn't know and had to wear pt all day they didn't smell to good :p yeah if you ship put in one or two months they don't give you any but i don't ship out till may of 2008 so i have a while before bct.

Comment

No, I didn't get anything either..I am sure it is b/c of shipping out so soon...I went out and bought mine...that is how I broke it to my family, showed up in uniform at their door :eek: ....but at RSP I didn't even get any kind of books or anything like that either. :confused: little concerned with that since there is suppose to be info in there that we are suppose to know before we ship.

Comment

Well, you aren't "required" to know anything, it just helps tremendously, regardless you will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X