X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GED plus program

Well, my brother is thinking about joining under the GED plus program. He would like to know all the information he can before he gos in and talks to a recruiter.

Would appreciate any information that you have to offer!
    Thanks

http://www.1800goguard.com/education/gedplus.php

Comment

Thank you WIBecky, this helps a ton, so as PV2 Roberto Di Giovine it is only 2 weeks long?

Comment

Before the site changed some, I remember it did list the aprox. length, I dont see it now other than the testimonial you mention. I'd google 'National Guard GED Plus Program' and see what you find. I'll look some too, but I think it depends somewhat on how you do there, on the length of time you will be there.

Edit: I took just a real quick look and did not find the info. I'll look again and get back if I find anything. One thing that comes to mind, we know of one recruit that did it in two weeks, so we know it is possible, that could be a goal. Most everything I found said talk to a local Recruiter if you have further questions. They really dont bite, you can call and ask one. There are also awesome current and past Recruiters on this site that will eventually answer too.
        Last edited by WIBecky74; July 22nd, 2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I attended the GED plus program any questions i could answer i would be glad to help.
          as far as the time you are there goes it is based apon how you score on your asvab. most are there for three weeks. I was in what they called a NG56 class. if you score above a 56 on your asvab you are there for two weeks.

Comment

correction 2 weeks if you pass

Comment

Great program

I was contacted by a candidate who was disqualified during the enlistment process because his GED was from an online high school. I am going to recommend this to him. Hope he qualifies, but great tip. Thanks!

Comment

another first

Originally posted by California Captain
                his GED was from an online high school. !
                this is truly amazing.

Comment

I will be going for the GED Plus Program. I already have my MD EMT-B, and will have my NREMT test sometime within the next 6 months, if i get the needed score on my ASVAB, will I still qualify for 68w? Will I still get the 6 weeks off my AIT?

Comment

moral wavers & theGED plus program

Does anyone know when(or if)there going to let recruits join under the GED program with moral wavers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-O^8706
                      Does anyone know when(or if)there going to let recruits join under the GED program with moral wavers?

If anyone know the answer to this please feel free to answer it.

THANK YOU

P.S It is only for traffic ticket's,I'm not a hardcore criminal or anything like that.And also I could go and get my GED but they make you take classes before you take the test,And the classes are 6 month's,I've already been trying to get in the guard for over 7 month's.
                      Last edited by Dave-O^8706; September 21st, 2008, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-O^8706
                        If anyone know the answer to this please feel free to answer it.

THANK YOU

P.S It is only for traffic ticket's,I'm not a hardcore criminal or anything like that.And also I could go and get my GED but they make you take classes before you take the test,And the classes are 6 month's,I've already been trying to get in the guard for over 7 month's.

How many traffic tickets do you have

LIST THE NUMBER AND TYPT

Comment

Camp Robison

I have to go through the GED plus program myself but not until March 09. Whats it like? I know where I am going. I heard it's all easy. Lucky me thought I scored 63 on ASVAB so I only do 2 weeks.

Comment

ged

good luck i am still trying to enlist i have got 3 geds and either school was an accepted school even that the army sends people there the school is itt and the other one is adison high in hollywood cal that was the longest 5 weeks ive ever spent is the ged plus program in florida to

Comment

Originally posted by SPC Ski
                              How many traffic tickets do you have

LIST THE NUMBER AND TYPT

thanks for the reply unfortunately I never read it till this thread was resurrected.Anyways I had a minor fender bender in 06 on my way to work and after waiting for an hour for the cops to show up we decided to exchange insurance info and be on our way.Well we both ended up getting charged with leaving the scene of a accident.It of course got dismissed which makes me puzzled why I needed a waver for it.

But after getting the runaround from my recruiter and being sick of waiting I went ahead and registered for a state GED exam and take it on Dec.9&10 so I should be sworn in by the beginning of the year.I also decided I'm going to go all in and go active first.

Comment

Working...
                              X