X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs/Tasks outside your MOS?

How common is it for Guard soldiers to be assigned jobs/tasks outside their MOS while on deployment? I've heard of soldiers from all different random MOS's being assigned sentry duty and convoy security.... is that a common thing?

Very Common. VERY. When I was Active Duty and went to Iraq the 1st time we did a job other than our MOS. Now that I am going back a 2nd time in the guard we will be doing yet another job outside our regular job description.

Everyone is a Soldier. Needs of the Army.

Hoah

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]Very Common. VERY. When I was Active Duty and went to Iraq the 1st time we did a job other than our MOS. Now that I am going back a 2nd time in the guard we will be doing yet another job outside our regular job description.

Everyone is a Soldier. Needs of the Army.

Hoah[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Does it depend on MOS at all? I'm going in as a 35F (intel analyst), and I don't mind doing other tasks, but I'd like to get an idea of what to expect. Do you do your MOS most of the time, or half the time, or flat out never?

Comment

You being intel you will have a good chance.Everyone need the S-2 guru.
        When I went to Africa and Indonesia I was doing my normal MOS Commo and Food Inspector (yeah you laugh). In Iraq a whole different game.I was an E-5 in a E-7 position overseeing Iraqi Correctional Guards.On days off I would volunteer to run all sorts of missions with the Poles, Brits,and Romanians just to get off the FOB. So It depends on the mission of the unit itself

Comment

92Y doing 88N and did/(rarely)doing now IT for the company.

We have 88Ms training some gun truck platoons.

Some are guarding gatorade at a supply building for convoys.

You never know. You should be safe with your MOS tho.

Comment

[QUOTE=Teuvil]

Some are guarding gatorade at a supply building for convoys.

[/QUOTE]

Can I get a class on that??:)

Comment

Here ya go.

Guard this ****. Dont move. Dont let anyone take it.

Comment

Even if I work in my MOS, should I expect to still pull convoy security or guard duty occasionally?

Comment

In all honesty, most likely not. Depending on what unit you get in. You'll most likely be in a Battalion, Brigade, Division or MI Company.

But you never know.

Comment

Working...
                  X