X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Believe I...

picked my ship date to BCT (2-03-09) so I could see the Cowboys play in the SuperBowl!!! It's almost funny:eek:

[QUOTE=bigbadshawn]picked my ship date to BCT (2-03-09) so I could see the Cowboys play in the SuperBowl!!! It's almost funny:eek:[/QUOTE]

Say again, over? You do know that the eagles are stomping the cowboys as we speak, right?

Comment

and the Cowgirls could care less about you or what you are doing....

So why do you care about them again?

Comment

CT...your sarcasm meter broken?

LT...I'm guessing you've never been a fan of anything your whole life?

The Cowboys were 5-1 when I joined and I had the option of leaving for BCT in November or the first week of February so I figured what the ****, seeing Dallas in the SuperBowl will rock.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Comment

I'm a fan of alot of things, but being a fan doesn't drive my life or pay my bills. It's called maturity. I've missed more Superbowls than I care to remember. It is what it is. Besides, your boy Tony h o m o will never take them to the 'bowl

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I'm a fan of alot of things, but being a fan doesn't drive my life or pay my bills. It's called maturity. I've missed more Superbowls than I care to remember. It is what it is. Besides, your boy Tony h o m o will never take them to the 'bowl[/QUOTE]

I agree 110%!! lol
            :D

Comment

I mean seriously, if I painted my house in an NFL Team's color, bought season tickets and named my pets after players, got autographs and joined every fantasy league/forum dedicated to my "team" would it change any outcome of how that team did? Would it affect any players performance? Would any of the players even know my name or do anything for me?

NO.

Thus, I enjoy watching some of the games, but refuse to get caught up in "fanhood" because as long as I realize they don't give a sheot about me, and I could care less if they win out or lose every game...it's all good. H e l l, all they are is idiots paid ridiculous amouts of $$ to go play a kids game. Most can't even say a complete sentence without effing it up. Give them an M4 and tell them to clear a room versus paying them 40 mil to catch a ball.

Sports. pffft

It isnt' a sport unless it can kill you. Now if you want to talk motorcycle racing, we can agree on something. THOSE are true talented daredevils. Get hit by Ray Lewis? Ya ya...get knocked out or whatever. Fall off at 200mph in the wrong turn? DIE. And even still, I refuse to get caught up in the "fanhood" but I do respect the talent, and straight up bawls that these guys have

[IMG]http://dumouk.net/Images/honda-motogp-rider.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/194228/images/MotoGP%20standings.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.motorbikestoday.com/news/Images/motogp_05_china_4_lge.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.sofaf1.com/uploaded_images/motogp-721892.bmp[/IMG]
              Last edited by LT_77; December 28th, 2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigbadshawn]CT...your sarcasm meter broken?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and you better start addressing Lieutenants as "Sir," not "LT." You're not even a trainee yet.

Comment

Shawn - good news. Not all officers are hypersensitive weenies who expect to be called "Sir" over the internet by a guy who may not even own uniforms yet.

Whether you decide to change your ship date around a sporting event is your call and nobody else's. Do your thing and good luck at basic.

Comment

Yeah, it's all about you and what you want.

LT, quit bein a weenie.

Comment

Wtf???

"I mean seriously, if I painted my house in an NFL Team's color, bought season tickets and named my pets after players, got autographs and joined every fantasy league/forum dedicated to my "team" would it change any outcome of how that team did? Would it affect any players performance? Would any of the players even know my name or do anything for me?"

None of which I do by the way, I enjoy watching/following the team I grew up liking play on TV. In fact, I don't even have pics to post like you.

“Yes, and you better start addressing Lieutenants as "Sir," not "LT." You're not even a trainee yet.”

"I'm a fan of a lot of things, but being a fan doesn't drive my life or pay my bills. It's called maturity."

I'm a grown man of 32 with a wife, 2 sons, a dog and a mortgage that does in fact pay my bills so I don't need to be preached at about “maturity”. I've got more "maturity" in my little finger than 95% of the lumps I see every month at RSP! I made the decision to do something to serve my country when most people my age are more worried about 401K’s and their BMW payments. I’ve got to tell you, I’ve spent more time explaining to friends and coworkers that giving something back to the country that makes 401K’s and BMW’s possible couldn’t be more important.

I was simply given 2 starting dates and picked the latter so I could enjoy some football before I left.

This kind of nonsense is the reason I struggle with this forum sometimes. I mean honestly, I can’t post once about the Cowboys without getting flamed, but I have to read through 1153 posts about dogs or office walls or Puerto Rico or Hooters Girls? Seriously?

“Shawn - good news. Not all officers are hypersensitive weenies who expect to be called "Sir" over the internet by a guy who may not even own uniforms yet.”

“Whether you decide to change your ship date around a sporting event is your call and nobody else's. Do your thing and good luck at basic.”

“Yeah, it's all about you and what you want.”

“LT, quit bein a weenie.”

Thank you for the brief voice of reason. I just thought I’d throw something I thought was funny out there for the masses. I didn’t think it would set off such a controversy.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigbadshawn]
                        Thank you for the brief voice of reason. I just thought I’d throw something I thought was funny out there for the masses. I didn’t think it would set off such a controversy.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. We're all relaxed here even though we have some instances with high tentions. In the military, most go by the theory of FIDO.

Dont take what you did a bad thing. You still raised your right hand. I feel you on how you centered it around the Superbowl, nothings wrong with it. The army gives you a year or so to get to Basic when you swear in...you choose your date. I know people who push off Basic for no reason. Atleast you had one.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]
                          It isnt' a sport unless it can kill you. [/QUOTE]

Sir,

Football can kill you... granted MC racing is a lot riskier, but football is a very violent sport... It can also kill your body over time. Look at all of the NFL players that cannot even tie their own shoes or pick up a pitcher of beer because their hands are so mangled... But, as I said, racing is a lot more riskier because of what you mentioned.

Comment

[QUOTE=cougar54]Sir,

Football can kill you... granted MC racing is a lot riskier, but football is a very violent sport... It can also kill your body over time. Look at all of the NFL players that cannot even tie their own shoes or pick up a pitcher of beer because their hands are so mangled... But, as I said, racing is a lot more riskier because of what you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I can lay on a couch and drink beer and eat hot wings all day until I die of a heart attack due to clogged arteries, but that certainly doesn't make it a sport..... Although laying on a couch and drinking beer and eating hot wings would be better than sitting at work right now!

But then again, I'm kinda bitter about my beloved Cowboys.... Guess I can go see how my Mavs are doing so far.
                            Last edited by plano2001; December 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Wow, this thread reeks of discipline.

Comment

Working...
                              X