X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured during WLC

While out in the field at WLC at Forte McCoy, I injured my back. When we returned from the field, I immediately went to sick on OCT 23. I was given 500mg vicoden and 800mg ibprufen and was told to follow up with my own phycian. I returned home on Oct 24 which was Friday and went to my doctor on tuesday. My doctor ordered an MRI which showed I have a herniated disc. I then took my paper work to the armory and start an LOD on Nov 6. I went to Nov and Dec drill and during Dec drill I spoke with a Capt from battalion about the matter. The problem is I've received no assistance from the military, haven'y heard anymore on the matter, have had to use my own health insurance for treatment, I have not been able to return to my job, and I have no income besides my drill pay.

so did you graduate from WLC or were a medical drop? If that happened during training, you should of went to a military treatment facility. And was the a problem using your health insurance if you didnt incur out of pocket expense? Not trying to sound cold but what is the whole dilemma.

What was the end result with the meeting the CO? and what do you do for a living?

Comment

Cool, they do WLC at Fort Mccoy? I'm very close to there.

Unless you just didnt mentioned it and are already doing it, you need to keep contacting original people about this for a follow through. Sure in a perfect world you should only have to do it once, but you are the one that will always be [U]most [/U]concerned about you. Keep calling and emailing your chain of command about this until you get the results you need. Otherwise a person will often feel how you do at this point. Unless you have gotten an answer already stating that you will get no help with this, keep making the phone calls. You havent been turned down, its just gotten 'stuck' somewhere. Keep on them.

Comment

Actually the whole delimma is I have not been able to work since this injury. I've lost 2 months pay. I've offered to work at the armory, but was told there was nothing availible.I am not really conserned about the health insurance issue, its just if I would have waited for the military I still wouldn't have gotten any treatment. I did graduate, passed my PT test, and achieved course standards. This is the first time I've been on profile since joining the guard in 01.

Comment

I got hurt during drill and I was able to go to the Groton Naval Base for treatment. You spoke to the CO, did you go higher?

Comment

[QUOTE=DGAKLE]Actually the whole delimma is I have not been able to work since this injury. I've lost 2 months pay. I've offered to work at the armory, but was told there was nothing availible.I am not really conserned about the health insurance issue, its just if I would have waited for the military I still wouldn't have gotten any treatment. I did graduate, passed my PT test, and achieved course standards. This is the first time I've been on profile since joining the guard in 01.[/QUOTE]

Wait....so you can't work, but you can work at the Armory? And you continued through the course even though hurt?

Just trying to get the facts.

Comment

I wondered what would of happened during STX lanes that will happen to this fine NCO. Just alot of information omitted in order to give a reasonable response.

Comment

Did you get an LOD? And, did you get paperwork from WLC medics on your sick call visit to go with that LOD? Obviously follow up with the full-timers in your chain of command. If your readiness NCO isn't taking care of you, take the issue up at BN & higher if necessary. I'm pretty sure you should be getting worker's comp if you cannot return to your civilian job based on doctor's instructions, and it's very probable that the people that need to know that on the guard side haven't seen any information coming back from your end.

Comment

Re: Injured during WLC

I had something simular happen at fort mccoy i was bitten by a deer tick but when we did tick checks noone seen anything on my i complained to another soldier about my arm and neck hurting we both thought nothing of it i even asked if i should go see the on stff medical and he said i would get into trouble or become a broke d*ck. I went home went to work the next day in bad pain went afterwork and bought icy hot had my gf put it on my arm as i couldnt move it at this point she noticed a deer tick the size of a normal tick ( where i live i dont have ticks) and where it felt like my muscle was on fire all the way up my neck so i called one of the readyness nco's andd asked what i should do. Knowing that removing it would be a bad idea he told my gf to take me to urgent care or emergency (did not have health insurance as i was back to work one day) . To have the tick tested for lymes being it was a deer tick gave all the info to him. they had to scapel the tick out and gave me 4 pain pills which did nothing it hurt so bad i was in tears. The nco said to get the bills and have them try to bill it to the ng since it actually happened at fort mccoy. then told me to come in and fill out an lod and disability papers. I did and tried to return to work so i could pay my bills work said no you cant come back till your cleared. so i sat watching to see if i was going to get paid through the military. I did but it keeps getting smaller (dont know if their paying work comp chain of command has no clue whats going on in the lod) this was in early may i have since went to training but kept on bed rest but have not been offically put on profile per sey just told no lifting anything and weapons guard in bunk. I then get a bill from the hospital saying the ng denied paying for the treatment even though i was told by higher up to do so. $1200 and just watching to see if i get paid again next month, also have a private disability/life insurance they said they need full proof for me on total disability to pay out the premiums but told by chain i could be waiting 2 weeks to 6 months b4 they ok the mri to be paid for by them i need to see if thiers posible nerve dmg caused by the tick or training or both because ticks can cause tick paralysis which carrying a full load in training could have hurniated a disc or nerve dmg. so im stuck sitting wondering if my bills are going to get paid on time hurting 24/7 lossing sleep lost all the wieght i gained in basic cant do pt at all....... and the pain is going from my neck to myshoulders down my whole right arm causing it to go numb w/o any grip at all. i have no idea what to do next or who to even talk too?

Comment

Working...
                  X