X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age isshues

I'm 37 and I decided to join the guard's active first program as a 35M.
    At 37 is this to "old"?I know I am young enough to join but is that still
    "old" to begin?

[quote=KISS ARMY]I'm 37 and I decided to join the guard's active first program as a 35M.
    "old" to begin?[/quote]

Kiss, I thought you were already in but if I did it. Did you see all my posts?

Comment

No I'm not in yet.I want to go into the active first guard program.It was between MP and Human intelligence collector.I like both.I was a corrections
      officer for 10 years-(Not any more,thank god) so MP had an appeal.But all
      the research I done 35M just appeals to me more.I am non prior service and I guess I'm going backwards in the fact most people join the Army then get out
      and become corrections officers,police officers and intelligence officers where I went the other direction.I know I'll be the "old man"during basic and AIT and I don't mind that I just want to be able to do all the PT required.

Comment

[QUOTE=KISS ARMY]I'm 37 and I decided to join the guard's active first program as a 35M.
        "old" to begin?[/QUOTE]

I signed back up at age 39

Comment

I'm 35 with 4 kid's i just enlist 20081110

Comment

I'm 41 and I feel that now is the right time.

Comment

Kiss rocks...

I have a question about Active First since it has been brought up. Is your civilian job protected while you serve the “active” part? I know your pretty safe while performing traditional Guard work, but how about the time your active?

Comment

No its not. Active, you belong to the federal gov't and your position is not required to be held since you wont be tentatively scheduled to come back.

Comment

Go KISS GO!!

I'm 37 and shipping on March to Basic !!!

Comment

well Here I am at 37 and just sign 20080813. so your not old.

look for 1 of my threads:[url]http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11178[/url]

Comment

41 year old female here. Not prior service. Shipping to basic in 17 days!!! If I can do it, you can do it...

Comment

[QUOTE=aSoldierAndaLady]41 year old female here. Not prior service. Shipping to basic in 17 days!!! If I can do it, you can do it...[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Good luck :)

Comment

[QUOTE=KISS ARMY]I'm 37 and I decided to join the guard's active first program as a 35M.
                          "old" to begin?[/QUOTE]

I am 39, shipping to BCT 24 Feb, and will be turning 40 while in Basic... You are not to old :)

35F btw.

Comment

Age is just a number, I am 38 and I am home for exodus....2 weeks of Reception and 3 weeks of BCT so far, piece of cake. The hardest part is just missing my wife and football games.

Trust me there will always be at least one or two fat 18 year olds in your platoon that you can smoke on runs and marches! :eek: :D

If you have the desire to serve, do it! I have had roughly 7 Drill SGT's give me a hard time about how old I am...I just try not to smile- ;) Wait until I get to OCS

Duty
                            Honor
                            Country

Comment

[QUOTE=aSoldierAndaLady]41 year old female here. Not prior service. Shipping to basic in 17 days!!! If I can do it, you can do it...[/QUOTE]
                              Wow! I was 43 when I joined the guard. But I was prior service.

It takes a lot of guts to do something like that at 41! You certainly have my respect!

Comment

Working...
                              X