Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just the way it is. This is a bad comparrison but its like snowmobiles or motorcycles. You raz others about their brand, but its all in fun. As long as you are enjoying it and it meets your needs, it makes no difference in the long run. IMO But you knew it was coming. If not in here from other places.

Comment

Hooah that sir!! You also got that new training center as well. I forgot what its called and where its at. CPL Hess was there recently.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Its just the way it is. This is a bad comparrison but its like snowmobiles or motorcycles. You raz others about their brand, but its all in fun. As long as you are enjoying it and it meets your needs, it makes no difference in the long run. IMO But you knew it was coming. If not in here from other places.[/QUOTE]

You obviously know nothing about motorcycle culture :)

Hardley Ablesons are generally oil dripping pieces of overpriced chrome crap that are ridden by bar hopping middle-aged posers who can barely "ride" anyways. :eek: 1920's technology at 2008 prices! Not saying all are like that, but for the most part, it's what I've seen as an owner of multiple motorcycles (cruisers/sportbikes/touring bikes/race bikes). Harley riders are usually the one's with the "holier than thou" attitude, which is ironic because when your cheesy formation of bikes holds up CARS and Minivans, you know you are riding too slow.

Not saying all sportbike riders are great either. Tool bags who stunt on highways and cut through traffic like maniacs are just as bad.

That said, it just kills me how people buy into the Harley culture. They pay $25k for a bike that Suzuki/Honda makes and sells for $15k. All because they need to fit in, to pay for the lifestyle. The "2 day facial hair goatee with matching harley accessories while I pull out of my suburban home to go to my tough guy rally while almost tipping over at a stoplight cause I can't ride" lifestyle...lol

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]You obviously know nothing about motorcycle culture :)

Hardley Ablesons are generally oil dripping pieces of overpriced chrome crap that are ridden by bar hopping middle-aged posers who can barely "ride" anyways. :eek: 1920's technology at 2008 prices! Not saying all are like that, but for the most part, it's what I've seen as an owner of multiple motorcycles (cruisers/sportbikes/touring bikes/race bikes). Harley riders are usually the one's with the "holier than thou" attitude, which is ironic because when your cheesy formation of bikes holds up CARS and Minivans, you know you are riding too slow.

Not saying all sportbike riders are great either. Tool bags who stunt on highways and cut through traffic like maniacs are just as bad.

That said, it just kills me how people buy into the Harley culture. They pay $25k for a bike that Suzuki/Honda makes and sells for $15k. All because they need to fit in, to pay for the lifestyle. The "2 day facial hair goatee with matching harley accessories while I pull out of my suburban home to go to my tough guy rally while almost tipping over at a stoplight cause I can't ride" lifestyle...lol[/QUOTE]

Oh i've admitted I know nothing about bikes. Dated some men that did though and loved riding with them. I dont care what kinda bike it is, i'm just picky on the operator. You cant get on with just anyone. There is a huge Harley click around here and they are very clicky. I've owned sleds and rode (drove) them alot. The picking on brands should be in fun.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]That said, it just kills me how people buy into the Harley culture. They pay $25k for a bike that Suzuki/Honda makes and sells for $15k. All because they need to fit in, to pay for the lifestyle. The "2 day facial hair goatee with matching harley accessories while I pull out of my suburban home to go to my tough guy rally while almost tipping over at a stoplight cause I can't ride" lifestyle...lol[/QUOTE]

Or go to the local Harley store just to wear the clothes and the nice pleather jackets:cool:

I don't ride, nor do i want to (from 00-05 I traveled 5 states for work and saw way too many mc/car near hits), but I at least would not pretend to wear clothing so i can call myself a harley rider or w/e...

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]I've owned sleds and rode (drove) them alot. [/QUOTE]

Nothin funner than goin 120 on a sled in a wide open field:cool:

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]You obviously know nothing about motorcycle culture :)

That said, it just kills me how people buy into the Harley culture. They pay $25k for a bike that Suzuki/Honda makes and sells for $15k. All because they need to fit in, to pay for the lifestyle. The "2 day facial hair goatee with matching harley accessories while I pull out of my suburban home to go to my tough guy rally while almost tipping over at a stoplight cause I can't ride" lifestyle...lol[/QUOTE]

Goosfaba....Goosfaba....LMAO....LT Chill dude you are to highspeed. Gotta love that "airborne" bravada...I bet you'd say that to a outlaw biker or go to a biker rodeo talking that bull sheit.

Comment

Or across a frozen lake...

Comment

Personally, I prefer to be surrounded by a bunch of steel beams, where if I hit some unseen debris on the highway I simply screw up a tire or dent my bumper instead of finding myself hurtling through the air several hundred feet and having my head smashed in and my spine broken. I'll take an airbag over that any day of the week. :)

Though I did find it humorous....riding the dart rail home the other week I saw a group of motorcyle cops, I guess they were doing training. They had to ride down the side road and do a tight 180 around an officer and ride back. First three did it fine. The fourth one fell off during the turn and the bike went skidding sideways. With the loss of paint and bruised ego, I'm guessing he failed. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Goosfaba....Goosfaba....LMAO....LT Chill dude you are to highspeed. Gotta love that "airborne" bravada...I bet you'd say that to a outlaw biker or go to a biker rodeo talking that bull sheit.[/QUOTE]

I would, and then when they all mounted their chrome turds to give chase I'd lose them in 3 turns after they all wrecked and slid off of the road. :D Actually, only about half would give chase cause the other half wouldn't be able to get their paint shakers started. :eek:

Comment

[B]ALL motorcycle riders are vital contributors to society!!!!![/B]

Where do you think all the donated organs come from??? ;)

Comment

[QUOTE].I bet you'd say that to a outlaw biker or go to a biker rodeo talking that bull sheit.[/QUOTE]

Any time you are outnumbered, it may not be the wisest to speak your mind. That doesn't make it untrue. Most who practice Islam around the world, interpret the Koran in a way that makes its culture ultraviolent and fascist. But let's see you go into Farakhan's headquarters and tell everyone there that.

It doesn't make you a coward. It doesn't mean it's not true. Time and place.

The truth is...most bikers I see are the picture of obesity. A fat slob sucking down smokes, guzzling beer, and sweating profusely...the whole time thinking he's some kind of bada$$ because he's wearing leather and his sleeves are cut off.

Not all, but that's what I usually see.

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN][B]ALL motorcycle riders are vital contributors to society!!!!![/B]

Where do you think all the donated organs come from??? ;)[/QUOTE]

I ride a motorcycle, and I've yet to get a donor sticker...the DMV isn't being cooperative about it. My only demand is that, my organs go only to a hot chick, but apparently I don't get to choose who gets 'em.

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN]LMAO... so basically, you want your organ in a hot chick?!?!?!

That sounds so wrong but so true huh?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Spot on! But apparently the "It's my organ and I do what I waaant" doesn't work with the DMV

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Its just the way it is. This is a bad comparrison but its like snowmobiles or motorcycles. You raz others about their brand, but its all in fun. As long as you are enjoying it and it meets your needs, it makes no difference in the long run. IMO But you knew it was coming. If not in here from other places.[/QUOTE]
                                Nice hijack! I thought I was the only one who liked to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X