X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are ASVAB scores good for??

I took my ASVAB in December of 2006. Just wondering how long that score is good for?

I was always told 2 years but a recruiter here can confirm that for you.

Comment

i just got off the phone with my recruiter and asked what else i needed before i could go to MEPS and he didnt mention anything about taking it again. Still just waiting on my **** med records, its has taken over 2 months to get it...:mad:

Comment

[QUOTE=NCdross]i just got off the phone with my recruiter and asked what else i needed before i could go to MEPS and he didnt mention anything about taking it again. Still just waiting on my **** med records, its has taken over 2 months to get it...:mad:[/QUOTE]

I waited about as long as you to get my records transferred from the Airforce.

Records were "Lost" by the Airforce (:rolleyes: ) and I ended up having to go through the full MEPS process an additional time, with about 3 follow-up visits since then. This Thursday finally going to make the enlistment official though hah.

I took my ASVAB and originally enlisted with the AF just about a year ago, but I remember being told the scores were only good for two years.

Comment

so your saying if this stupid doctor dosent send the med records anytime soon that i can still go to MEPS and the doctors there can look at my arm and approve or disapprove if it's fully functional??

Just to let you know I had a broken arm/wrist and had 4 pins 2 surgerys and all that, but it is fully functional no problems.

Comment

Bring every bit of info you have on your arm, and letters from your ortho docs saying that it is 100%. The more info you have will help.

Comment

so i have to have something from my old doctor before i can go to MEPS?

Comment

Can tell you its at least 6 years. I didn't have to redo mine for my re-enlistment.

Don't know if its different for those that have taken it, but have not yet sworn in though.

Comment

ASVAB scores are good for 2 years.
                  now if you are PS witha break in service of over 10 years must be re-tested with the ASVAB and attain the qualifying score for the MOS in which they will be enlisted

Comment

[QUOTE=NCdross]so i have to have something from my old doctor before i can go to MEPS?[/QUOTE]

I have a scar on my left elbow. I brought all of my medical documentation entailing what it was, and even a letter from a Doctor stating I was fully ready for military service.

I still needed to have the VA take x-rays, and a MEPS Ortho still needed to see those x-rays and view my elbow again.

If they do disqualify you, you'll need to get a waiver.

You can still GO to MEPS, they're just going to start beginning a lengthy process of how they intend to evaluate that one broken joint.

Comment

well it was the 2 bones in the forearm that i broke. but anyways, if that process is gonna take a while will my ASVAB score still count since i took it Dec. 16, 2006???

So guess my new question is does the ASVAB 2year length end when i go to MEPS or when i "oath" in on the finale day of MEPS?

Comment

[QUOTE=Recruiter yosis]ASVAB scores are good for 2 years.
                        now if you are PS witha break in service of over 10 years must be re-tested with the ASVAB and attain the qualifying score for the MOS in which they will be enlisted[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm getting conflicting answers. I'm Prior service and I've got an experienced recruiter in VaARNG telling me that I do [B]not[/B] need to re-take the ASVAB. I've been out for 13+ years. He's the second VaARNG recruiter to tell me this. Anybody have any input? NGB directive, pamphlet, etc...?
                        Or should I just shut up and let it happen?

Comment

well that is out of the enlistment bible.

There are other reasons they may be saying that any cool-guy medals like a bronze star Medal of honor ????

Because if you do....that changes alot

Comment

[QUOTE=NCdross]well it was the 2 bones in the forearm that i broke. but anyways, if that process is gonna take a while will my ASVAB score still count since i took it Dec. 16, 2006???

So guess my new question is does the ASVAB 2year length end when i go to MEPS or when i "oath" in on the finale day of MEPS?[/QUOTE]

When you took the test

Comment

Working...
                            X