X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the big fuss about a CAB? A CAB is if you experience enemy fire and a CIB is engaging the enemy. That's it. Black and white. If someone receives the CAB for a mortar, respect to them. Dont be jealous.

Comment

[QUOTE=Teuvil]What is the big fuss about a CAB? A CAB is if you experience enemy fire and a CIB is engaging the enemy. That's it. Black and white. If someone receives the CAB for a mortar, respect to them. Dont be jealous.[/QUOTE]

Not jealous...Ive been told by my CO i am getting my CIB.. Really didnt deserve it so but....how can i be jealous of the lower CAB? The CAB is funny in the fact that Quartermaster Bob can just be walking back to his chu from the PX and have a 120mm round land a distance away and he gets a Combat Action badge.. Its silly.. Ol Bob didn't do anything remotely close to "COMBAT" just was walking home from buying all the good crap from the PX... Its like the BSM debacle over in Iraq.. Seems some awards are just a perfect attendance award.. So much for badge protecting.. Eh

Now i don't like um but MP's(Spc Ski) If you guys are out doing your thing and are engaged then heck yah slap that wanna be CIB on your chest.. But wearing a badge to denotes actual combat to some MOS jobs that the person who joined it had NO intention to ever see combat kinda makes me chuckle...

Two MOS's in the army.. 11b's and Wannabes

Comment

No offense, but that's unfair to say, especially since there are some soldiers who would love to be given the opportunity to be on the front lines but can't...female soldiers like myself. Kind of unfair to say I'm a "wannabe" when I'm told by the law that because I'm a female I'm not allowed to be on the front lines...

And don't spit all the bullsh*t about how females shouldn't be in the military, we're too delicate, we can't do everything the guys can do. Save it, because I've heard it all before and I've shut them up by showing my male counterparts I can do just as good a job as they can do...and they respect me for it. Now granted, I may not be able to hump a 75lb pack around on day in and day out...but I'll be ****ed if I don't try. When it comes down to it, I'm a soldier just like you and I'll fight to the death for my brothers and sisters on both sides of me...

Now....am I still a "wannabe"?

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Romo]No offense, but that's unfair to say, especially since there are some soldiers who would love to be given the opportunity to be on the front lines but can't...female soldiers like myself. Kind of unfair to say I'm a "wannabe" when I'm told by the law that because I'm a female I'm not allowed to be on the front lines...

And don't spit all the bullsh*t about how females shouldn't be in the military, we're too delicate, we can't do everything the guys can do. Save it, because I've heard it all before and I've shut them up by showing my male counterparts I can do just as good a job as they can do...and they respect me for it. Now granted, I may not be able to hump a 75lb pack around on day in and day out...but I'll be ****ed if I don't try. When it comes down to it, I'm a soldier just like you and I'll fight to the death for my brothers and sisters on both sides of me...

Now....am I still a "wannabe"?[/QUOTE]

Did i ever say females are second class soldiers? No i did not.. But miss you said it all in your statement.. You CANT hump a 75+ Ruck plus battle load extra ammo and your weapon system.. SO in that quote you SHOULDNT be afforded the right to be in an Infantry role.. Doi respect women in the service.. Yes yes i do 110% do women deserve the CAB yes some do. like that Medic SPC who got her Silver star.. She stepped up and did her job.. Now she dosent get the CAB but the medical equivalent...Does every job in the army serve its purpose yes but do i hold myself and my other 11b's 18X's to a higher degree with higher respect and pride. **** right i do.. A quarter master,cook etc etc is not on the same level or will be as a ground pounder SF operator or an airborne soldier.. simple as that

Comment

[quote=Stefhan_Gibson]Not to MOS bash but.. Any self respecting 11b wouldnt wear spurs and def wouldnt put that CAB on his chest where the CIB should be..

Moron hes not jackass perhaps but its a pride thing.. And fruit salad isnt fruit salad.. CAB isnt the same as a CIB plain and simple[/quote]

The forum grunt that is now an MP in my old unit was given the CAB instead of a CIB because of the unit he was attached to. He said he tried to fight it but no avail. CAB is recognition but I can understand the 11B not getting the CIB for a deployment. Not an easy thing to take.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]The forum grunt that is now an MP in my old unit was given the CAB instead of a CIB because of the unit he was attached to. He said he tried to fight it but no avail. CAB is recognition but I can understand the 11B not getting the CIB for a deployment. Not an easy thing to take.[/QUOTE]

Yes its recognition but also a slap in the face at the same time... It should be every grunts goal to go to war do his job and get that CIB..

I didnt join to sit back and push paper.. I joined to kill those that stand in our nations way

Comment

[quote=SteveLord]Ever noticed how every marine has a USMC logo decal on their car window? You almost wonder if they get those standard issue. :p

But anyway, they are the best example of pride in service. I don't knock them. So I wouldn't knock anyone else either.[/quote]

Nah, I just have USMC tattoed on my arm lol

Comment

[quote=Teuvil]What is the big fuss about a CAB? A CAB is if you experience enemy fire and a CIB is engaging the enemy. That's it. Black and white. If someone receives the CAB for a mortar, respect to them. Dont be jealous.[/quote]

When the CAB first was being issued; fobbits were not getting the CAB awards approved because of mortar/rocket fire. I saw alot of them denied. As an MP, we engaged enemy from receiving direct fire and got our CABs. So there are different stories by each CAB wearer as well as CIB.

If you deployed to a combat zone; you are a combat VET. Even the Kuwait Fobbers.

Now guys who go outside the wire are respected more because their lives are put in more risk and danger compared to others but I wouldnt think any less of someone who remained on the FOB their whole tour. A fellow buddy and squad leader was stacked Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinder and MP SRT and he was confined to the FOB because they needed someone high speed at the D-cell. He didnt earn a CAB so so what. But I know that soldier will perform awesomely in combat. He got shot at on garrison duty and handled himself exceptionally and calmly. But no CAB so his deployment appears water-downed (for the lack of a better word).

And like I said in another thread. I knew some grunts that received CIBs outside the guidelines that were listed in the requirements (just being hit by an IED and then returning home due to issues).

A story behind every award......

Purple hearts? No way for PTSD but I knew someone that got one because he broke his leg during enemy contact. But he has it and respected. But again another story......

Comment

I just simply took offense to your generalization of "2 MOS's in the Army, 11b and wannabe". Not trying to start a fight. I do admire you 11b's and the SF guys, and all the "hooah hooah" MOS's. One of my mentors and a guy I look up to is SF. I wish I could do half the hardcore sh*t he can. Then again he's 6'4, 250lbs all muscle and I'm a measly 5'2" :).

Comment

• sounds like you want to marry him lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=SPC Romo]I just simply took offense to your generalization of "2 MOS's in the Army, 11b and wannabe". Not trying to start a fight. I do admire you 11b's and the SF guys, and all the "hooah hooah" MOS's. One of my mentors and a guy I look up to is SF. I wish I could do half the hardcore sh*t he can. Then again he's 6'4, 250lbs all muscle and I'm a measly 5'2" :).[/QUOTE]

Sorry you took that as a jab at you but it was a joke.. Whats the point of having a job and not taking pride in it..

But as i stated some jobs Females SHOULDNT be allowed to do..

The unit that replaced us had all female wrench turners.. The 1 month we had them under us.. Nothing but trouble.. In my opinion females shouldnt be associated with grunts in country.. Dont need that distraction while in combat

Comment

• [QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]sounds like you want to marry him lol[/QUOTE]

lol nooo he's happily taken and almost engaged. I knew him before I joined, and found out he was Guard and SF after that.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stefhan_Gibson]Sorry you took that as a jab at you but it was a joke.. Whats the point of having a job and not taking pride in it..

But as i stated some jobs Females SHOULDNT be allowed to do..

The unit that replaced us had all female wrench turners.. The 1 month we had them under us.. Nothing but trouble.. In my opinion females shouldnt be associated with grunts in country.. Dont need that distraction while in combat[/QUOTE]

Females are too much drama. And I'll be the first to say it lol. Good thing I won't be associated with any grunts when I'm in country, only aviation guys :) Who, might I add, are the most pampered guys EVER lol.

And I agree with the taking pride in your job. I take my job very seriously (I'm intel) and I'm **** proud of it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SPC Romo]Females are too much drama. And I'll be the first to say it lol. Good thing I won't be associated with any grunts when I'm in country, only aviation guys :) Who, might I add, are the most pampered guys EVER lol.

And I agree with the taking pride in your job. I take my job very seriously (I'm intel) and I'm **** proud of it.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA I take my job seriously when its called for.. Rest of the time is alot of making fun of each other pulling pranks and watching the CO scratch his head wonder how can smacking another man in the **** be a fun way to pass the time in between missions

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stefhan_Gibson]HAHAHAHA I take my job seriously when its called for.. Rest of the time is alot of making fun of each other pulling pranks and watching the CO scratch his head wonder how can smacking another man in the **** be a fun way to pass the time in between missions[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand you guys and your obsession with smacking each other...but I guess it's "don't ask, don't tell" ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X