X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The don't really worry about that here in the states, but if you travel outside this country on vacation you're not supposed to let anyone know you're in the us military, etc etc

Comment

I know that when i was in high school my chain of command authorized ACUS in school as long as it was proper and you did some sort of recruiting or had to report to drill friday night.

Comment

the next time he is in uniform, call the recruiter assigned to the school, and ask him to do an impromtu visit...

recruiters face :cool:

recruits face :eek:

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]the next time he is in uniform, call the recruiter assigned to the school, and ask him to do an impromtu visit...

recruiters face :cool:

recruits face :eek:[/QUOTE]

I know you would teach him a lesson, embarrass him in front of all the people he was showing off to :D

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]On the spot corrections can be conducted by anyone. A private can correct a sergeant (with tact of course) to fix a deficiency.[/QUOTE]

On my unit's security mission to the Democratic National Convention there was a SGT US Army in the Chow hall. His tapes were switched. So i said Hey SGT Us Army, How is uncle Sam? I got a nasty look, but his name tapes got fixed. MY point is this, you can't let anyone walk around looking like an idiot in uniform if corrections are necessary just let them know. Don't be afraid if you hurt this D!ck Heads feelings.

Comment

[QUOTE=mwines]I know you would teach him a lesson, embarrass him in front of all the people he was showing off to :D[/QUOTE]

Nope...pull him aside and unf*** him in private. Don't want all the other potental applicants seeing me go NUTS :eek:

Comment

This is not a lesson

[QUOTE=mwines]I know you would teach him a lesson, embarrass him in front of all the people he was showing off to :D[/QUOTE]

We don't teach by embarrassing our fellows. Take the guy aside and ask him what the deal is. My guess is he was excited about it and was showing off the commitment he made to the nation.

Comment

[QUOTE=BulletSponge62485]Today I saw one of the kids that goes to drill with me wearing his ACUs to school for no reason at all. Is there anything I should have done in this situation?[/QUOTE]
                  Ask him why he was wearing his ACU to school. Back in 1999 the NG in Missouri would let certain people wear their BDU's to school as a recruiting tool. They were actually given a day of pay, but it had to be approved in advance.

Comment

If I were you I would mention it to him. It is disrespectful for one to wear it around trying to impress others especially when he has done nothing to earn it, and there has been so many that came before him that gave everything while wearing it. Integrity should come into play, on your part by being a good fellow soldier and making sure he does not continue this. I am sure he means no harm to anyone, but what he does while wearing that uniform reflects on all past, present and future service men and women.

Comment

I was here in Long Beach, CA and saw 2 marines wearing their dress uniforms at a lounge. Didn't bother departing from my friends just to ask them about it. Personally, I wouldn't do that in a liberal state like Cali.

Comment

Is it at all possible that he may be assisting a recruiter, I see recruiter assistance wearing ACU's all the time. I would find out the facts before jumping the gun.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raekwon24]Is it at all possible that he may be assisting a recruiter, I see recruiter assistance wearing ACU's all the time. I would find out the facts before jumping the gun.[/QUOTE]

He was not assisting a recruiter. I spoke with a few of the other students that attend that high school and are in the Guard and they all had spoken with him and he admitted that he was wearing it just to wear it.

Comment

I've only ever seen one person wear their ACU's just to wear them where I live.I politely pulled said person to the side and ask the person if he was approved to wear it outside of drill.He said no and apologized and put on civvies asap.I wasn't upset about it or at him honestly.I just let him know the rules and he was very complient about it.Being an a.s.s to someone in public view can chase possible recruits off.Just my 2 cents worth. :)

But some that do it are just excited about joining and want to show people their choice and some do it to impress girls or boys.But, rules are rules.We have to fallow them.

Comment

He'll eventually get tired of wearing his ACU in time when he's in. He will be like "I can't wait to get back to barracks and change into civies". I know I felt that way when I was in. It feels so good to finally take your boots off after a long day at work.

Comment

You definitely could have corrected him, but I would also have advised him to wear a NG T-Shirt that his recruited should have given him to show his pride (..and advertise...). :rolleyes:
                                Last edited by SSG HARRIS; November 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X