X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing ACUs for no reason...

Ok, first let me explain that I work at a high school. There are a few people in my RSP unit that go to high school where I work. This last drill (last weekend) we were issued our ACUs. Today I saw one of the kids that goes to drill with me wearing his ACUs to school for no reason at all. Is there anything I should have done in this situation?

Wow I would've made him drop right then and there in front of everyone. Well if i was a Sgt or some figure of authority!! lol

But yea thats a big no no!! :cool:

Comment

On the spot corrections can be conducted by anyone. A private can correct a sergeant (with tact of course) to fix a deficiency.

Comment

Does he even have something on his left shoulder? Lord, bless the E-fuzzy for trying but beat your face Priat!!!:mad:

Comment

[QUOTE=BulletSponge62485]Ok, first let me explain that I work at a high school. There are a few people in my RSP unit that go to high school where I work. This last drill (last weekend) we were issued our ACUs. Today I saw one of the kids that goes to drill with me wearing his ACUs to school for no reason at all. Is there anything I should have done in this situation?[/QUOTE]
          Not any different than wearing them to a cookout or dinner party IMO. Both are no go's in my book. I'm just sayin.:eek:

Comment

[QUOTE=Gator 82]Not any different than wearing them to a cookout or dinner party IMO. Both are no go's in my book. I'm just sayin.:eek:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I will not be wearing my ACUs to the cookout. I was unaware that anyone could make corrections. I did not want to say much as I am only an E-1 just the same as him. Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was.

Comment

In my opinion, you are just a recruit unless you have completed BT/AIT. You can still get out of your obligation without too much trouble before shipping.

Therefore, you do not deserve to wear the uniform to any function beyond paid military duties.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]In my opinion, you are just a recruit unless you have completed BT/AIT. You can still get out of your obligation without too much trouble before shipping.

Therefore, you do not deserve to wear the uniform to any function beyond paid military duties.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with you. I did not know however that it was still possible to get out of any obligation. I thought once that contract was signed it was final.

Comment

Not to be the devils advocate here... Is there an JROTC program in your school? and If so is he in it? DoD authorized wear of ACU's to school as part of a recuirtment tool for JROTC, and its not just an Army thing.. Air Force HQ authorized units to purchase ABU's and authorized wear of them at school for recruitment as well.... Dont kill me for asking, Its just that could be the reason, and his unit didnt have the funds to buy ACU's so he just used the pair he was issued by DoD.

Comment

[QUOTE=tyler1124]Not to be the devils advocate here... Is there an JROTC program in your school? and If so is he in it? DoD authorized wear of ACU's to school as part of a recuirtment tool for JROTC, and its not just an Army thing.. Air Force HQ authorized units to purchase ABU's and authorized wear of them at school for recruitment as well.... Dont kill me for asking, Its just that could be the reason, and his unit didnt have the funds to buy ACU's so he just used the pair he was issued by DoD.[/QUOTE]

We do not have a JROTC program. We are much too small of a school for that. This year our graduating class is 43. He was issued the ACUs just yesterday (Sunday) the same time that I was. As far as I can tell, he wore them to school just to show them off. I am wondering now, should I say something to him tomorrow about it since I did not say anything today or should I just leave it unless he does it again?

Comment

Ok... Lol did he even have any patches on? I wouldn't say anything unless he does it again, then I would pull him aside and tell him that unless he is told to wear them in school, then to stop wearing them, and if he doesnt listin then, a quick call to his recuriter is in hand.

Comment

That guy is an idiot.

I go to college and as a 09S that has finished BCT and entering into senior phase of State OCS, the only time where I wear military-issued clothing is when absolutely necessary and if you're not part of the ROTC at school then there's really no need.

Personally, the only time I wear ACUs is during drill and traveling between drill and back home.

Comment

[QUOTE=tyler1124]Ok... Lol did he even have any patches on? I wouldn't say anything unless he does it again, then I would pull him aside and tell him that unless he is told to wear them in school, then to stop wearing them, and if he doesnt listin then, a quick call to his recuriter is in hand.[/QUOTE]

No, no patches at all. All he had was his name tape, U.S. Army, and his flag.

Comment

Like I said, I would let it slide this time, if he does it again then I would have a talk with him.

Comment

Surely wearing military uniform for purposes other than what it was intended for is compromising yours and your families security, right ?

Comment

Working...
                              X