X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear...BCT graduation

DS is graduating basics soon. So proud of him. I posted awhile back when he first started but he has hung in there and is absolutely loving every minute. He is doing so well. Shot expert and is getting a special award. So excited for him in so many ways. So proud!
    Anyway, with graduation fast approaching. Planning the road trip, me, my mom(his Gma), my oldest DD, and his best friend(she's a girl), this should be a fun road trip....but what do we plan to wear to graduation. Is this a Sunday best type thing or more casual jeans and nice shirt type thing? And what else can we expect that day. He is graduating from FLW, MO.
    Thanks y'all. This forum has been great.

Oh, and just a funny. Dad sent him an empty beer bottle. He said DS laughed...Pvts. cried. lol

Plan now

Make your hotel reservations NOW...The little town outside the gate has limited rooms.

Attire I have seen at graduation ranges from casual (and too casual) to Sunday best...pretty much your choice, I recommend you lean towards the Sunday best...

He will be in his dress greens, and you will all probably want to get your picture with him...

And check the weather forecast!

My basic graduation was around the end of October...Winter came early, it was freezing outside! They had to move the ceremony indoors--
    Last edited by California Major; October 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

[quote=mselly13] Shot expert and is getting a special award. lol[/quote]

Does this happen now and days? I just earned an expert badge.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Does this happen now and days? I just earned an expert badge.[/QUOTE]

Could be a coin. We had a country bumpkin bet the CO that he would shoot 40/40...and he did. Was just a small recognition at regular company formation though. Then back to business as usual.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Does this happen now and days? I just earned an expert badge.[/QUOTE]

They recognized the guys with the highest BRM scores at my graduation. It could be a poorly written sentence and it is an award for something else.

Comment

I still have my little statue for being Distinguished Honor Grad at BCT. I remember getting to my unit all proud of it, I actually told someone....and they were like "so what?" :rolleyes:

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I still have my little statue for being Distinguished Honor Grad at BCT. I remember getting to my unit all proud of it, I actually told someone....and they were like "so what?" :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You gotta love all the haters! When I was in the Corps I was meritorious promoted to Corporal and everybody was like it was fixed, and you're still a "boot"....LOL. I made NCO about 18 months ahead of my peers I was proud.

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]You gotta love all the haters! When I was in the Corps I was meritorious promoted to Corporal and everybody was like it was fixed, and you're still a "boot"....LOL. I made NCO about 18 months ahead of my peers I was proud.[/QUOTE]
                Did you walk the gauntlet? And get punched in the arm and legs since you earned your blood stripes? lol

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Did you walk the gauntlet? And get punched in the arm and legs since you earned your blood stripes? lol[/QUOTE]

Punched and knee'd on side of legs....Brutal ritual.:eek:

Comment

ooh effin rah!! true marine lol

Comment

Working...
                    X