Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with a history of ancestors in the military?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a history of ancestors in the military?

I am a daughter of the revelutionary(most likely spelled that wrong), and I have a bunch of ancestors who fought in the Civil war for both the north and the south. I wanted to continue that "tradition" and so...............:D yeah.
    Last edited by MelanieIsAwesome; October 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM.

its revolutionary lol. Yes I have relatives that fought in the Battle of the Bronx lol

Comment

North v South

was the Civil War; the American Revolutionary War were the colonies fighting against the tyranny of England...

Comment

[quote=GuardCan]was the Civil War; the American Revolutionary War were the colonies fighting against the tyranny of England...[/quote]

Guard Can, I was waiting for someone to catch that lol

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]its revolutionary lol. Yes I have relatives that fought in the Battle of the Bronx lol[/QUOTE]
          Thank you for the correction, sir.:D

Comment

The farthest I can date back is WWII. My grandfather was Vietnam and my Dad was desert Storm, all my ancestors and relatives were in the Navy except my father and me lol. My dad was the first one in my family to go Army and I am the first one to go Guard.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ababb17]The farthest I can date back is WWII. My grandfather was Vietnam and my Dad was desert Storm, all my ancestors and relatives were in the Navy except my father and me lol. My dad was the first one in my family to go Army and I am the first one to go Guard.[/QUOTE]
              Awesome! :D I am the only one in my generation who enlisted.

Comment

The battle of the bronx. Isnt that an ongoing war?

Comment

Dont know about military history, but dated my family to the Cherokee people all the way back to 1725. Other then that all my realitives are all from overseas. **** even my dad was born in England in 1945.

Comment

[quote=shutterm4]The battle of the bronx. Isnt that an ongoing war?[/quote]

Well that Warriors won last in 1979. Now there are small elements fighting for turf. lol

Comment

Im the coolest here because i get to be the first ancestor to be in the military.... yay-yuh!... i know im a geek.

Comment

first ancestor?

Comment

My father continues to serve, started out in the Vietnam era by joining the Guard. His father and my mothers father both served, father's father in WW2.

We've traced lineage back to soldiers from the Civil War, and some members that trace their lineage back to William Burritt who came over from Scotland believe that our family participated in the Battle of Hastings.

Comment

I love the movie Braveheart.

Comment

My father Served. My uncles serve currently, my grandfather. My great grand father. My great uncle, and so on and so forth have all served is some branch of the military.

Comment

Working...
                              X