X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend's at AIT

My boyfriend is graduating BCT training this Friday and then flying to where he's doing AIT (I'm not sure where that is yet.) These last 9+ weeks have been hell. I can't wait until he gets to come home in 7 more weeks. I don't know anything about how all of this works and so I have a bunch of questions but I'll start with one. Does anyone know if I have to do anything special in order to go to his AIT graduation since I'm not family?

Thanks,
    Sierra
    Last edited by freedomrider7; October 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM.

Nothing special. If you are diving in, make sure to have your drivers license with you and some check for form of insurance also. If you are taking a cab in, make sure to have your identification. During Ait he should have more opportunity to talk to you. Alot allow a cell phone or pay phone use during personal time pretty much on a daily basis. They do go out in the field on occasion and at that point he cannot have contact with you. Make sure to find out where on post it is you will need to go once you get there. Do you know what his job is going to be in the Army? Sometimes that can narrow down which base he will be at if you are curious.

Comment

I feel really dumb for this, but I can't remember the official name. I know he will be driving the big trucks if that helps any. He said that he'll get his cell phone in AIT, so I hope so. It will make all of this much easier. I would be flying out tomorrow to go to his BCT graduation, but I couldn't get the information in time to go. Also he was unable to get money out to me. I'll be going to his AIT graduation as long as he can get the money to me, but I don't know if he'll have a chance. It's been 9+ weeks and I still feel as if I'm dying inside. There's this huge hole it seems in my heart. I pretty much live for his letters, though I only get 1 a week if I'm lucky.
      Last edited by freedomrider7; October 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

It will get better. More communication is soon to come if he chooses to.

I understand where you are coming from. I've had males in my life, be my life. It is easier said than done, but its unhealthy to have someone else have that big of a role in your life. Yes its normal to miss someone and want for them. It isnt right if it is affecting you to an extreme. What happens when he deploys or goes away to another school? Find things in your life to fulfill the emptiness. If you stay with this man you will find alot of times that you are without him. Learn to be happy on your own and have him, or anyone else in your future, add to your life, not be your life.

Sounds like maybe 88M, Truck Driver is his job (MOS). Someone can help me out here, is that at Fort Leonardwood?

Comment

Yes, send me a check for 500 dollars and I get you box seats.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]It will get better. More communication is soon to come if he chooses to.

I understand where you are coming from. I've had males in my life, be my life. It is easier said than done, but its unhealthy to have someone else have that big of a role in your life. Yes its normal to miss someone and want for them. It isnt right if it is affecting you to an extreme. What happens when he deploys or goes away to another school? Find things in your life to fulfill the emptiness. If you stay with this man you will find alot of times that you are without him. Learn to be happy on your own and have him, or anyone else in your future, add to your life, not be your life.

Sounds like maybe 88M, Truck Driver is his job (MOS). Someone can help me out here, is that at Fort Leonardwood?[/QUOTE]

88M Fort Eustis, VA

Comment

[quote=WIBecky74]Nothing special. If you are diving in, make sure to have your drivers license with you and some check for form of insurance also. If you are taking a cab in, make sure to have your identification. During Ait he should have more opportunity to talk to you. Alot allow a cell phone or pay phone use during personal time pretty much on a daily basis. They do go out in the field on occasion and at that point he cannot have contact with you. Make sure to find out where on post it is you will need to go once you get there. Do you know what his job is going to be in the Army? Sometimes that can narrow down which base he will be at if you are curious.[/quote]

[quote=freedomrider7]My boyfriend is at Fort Knox right now and the address that i send letters to isn't set up like that .

It's: E-1 Samuel Smith
              D CO 1/46 Infantry
              4th Platoon
              3576 Wilson Road
              Fort Know, KY 40121-5728[/quote]

her last post in another thread her e-1 was infantry or cav scout

Comment

I've never before been so attached to someone. My home life is completely crashing to the ground right now and I think that has something to do with it. We both plan on going to college in Orlando FL, as long as that works out. I've buried myself in my school work in order to keep busy so I don't miss him as much. Not seeing him isn't the problem (we 2 hours away so I'm use to that) it's not hearing his voice. What state is Fort Leonardwood in?

Comment

I wasnt positive where it was. SPC Ski says it is in Virginia at Fort Eustis. Or now I guess he agrees and says MO. lol You can google that, there should be an official website for them.
                  Last edited by WIBecky74; September 30th, 2008, 08:43 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]I've never before been so attached to someone. My home life is completely crashing to the ground right now and I think that has something to do with it. We both plan on going to college in Orlando FL, as long as that works out. I've buried myself in my school work in order to keep busy so I don't miss him as much. Not seeing him isn't the problem (we 2 hours away so I'm use to that) it's not hearing his voice. What state is Fort Leonardwood in?[/QUOTE]

How old are you?

Ft. Leonardwood, MO

Comment

I am the fort leonardWood man!! its in missouri.

Comment

[quote=SPC Ski]How old are you?

Ft. Leonardwood, MO[/quote]
                        ;
                        someone is trying to get a sale ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Yes, send me a check for 500 dollars and I get you box seats.[/QUOTE]

I don't have $500 lol

Comment

ok I give you a discount. $499. how is that?

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]How old are you?

Ft. Leonardwood, MO[/QUOTE]

I'm 17, I'll be 18 in February.

Comment

Working...
                              X