Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JERRY JERRY JERRY.....:eek:

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]That is why ARMY WIFE (GIRLFRIEND) IS THE HARDEST JOB IN THE ARMY!![/QUOTE]

I hear this all the time and don't buy it. Sure, they have to endure handling the home while you are gone but they aren't in the Army. They don't do PT, go to the field, get deployed and dodge IEDs and ambushes. Ok so they are lonely at home, heck I'm lonely being away while squatting over some cat hole trench in a foreign country.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I hear this all the time and don't buy it. Sure, they have to endure handling the home while you are gone but they aren't in the Army. They don't do PT, go to the field, get deployed and dodge IEDs and ambushes. Ok so they are lonely at home, heck I'm lonely being away while squatting over some cat hole trench in a foreign country.[/QUOTE]

Ooh Effin Rah! Thats what I've been saying for over 25 years! Let them endure the blood, sweat, and tears! Maybe it is an angle to pick up chicks or take care of momma when you get deployed sir!:D
        Last edited by 7011USMC; October 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I hear this all the time and don't buy it. Sure, they have to endure handling the home while you are gone but they aren't in the Army. They don't do PT, go to the field, get deployed and dodge IEDs and ambushes. Ok so they are lonely at home, heck I'm lonely being away while squatting over some cat hole trench in a foreign country.[/QUOTE]

Have you been deployed sir? with a loved one at home?

You obviously dont get the stress at home. Or maybe you dont see it when ur sitting at home.

No a wife when you go to the field has to do everything from mowing the grass , pickin up the kids, grocery shopping, changing the oil, to fixing the leaking faucet.

When your deployed and your doding IEDs and Ambushs she is having nightmares of you coming home in a flag drapped coffin with a soldier in dress blues handing her a folded flag.

Also she listening to the news of attacks here and attacks there and wondering if its you, and praying to whatever god she believes in that you call her soon since she hasnt heard from you in a week.

Your ignorance on the subject must be bliss.

A deployment to iraq isnt hard for the soldier usualy, its the same normal crap that we are used to.

Your wife dealing with handling everything in a household for a year by herself.. now thats hard.

Comment

[QUOTE=andrew.tischner]Have you been deployed sir? with a loved one at home?

You obviously dont get the stress at home. Or maybe you dont see it when ur sitting at home.

No a wife when you go to the field has to do everything from mowing the grass , pickin up the kids, grocery shopping, changing the oil, to fixing the leaking faucet.

When your deployed and your doding IEDs and Ambushs she is having nightmares of you coming home in a flag drapped coffin with a soldier in dress blues handing her a folded flag.

Also she listening to the news of attacks here and attacks there and wondering if its you, and praying to whatever god she believes in that you call her soon since she hasnt heard from you in a week.

Your ignorance on the subject must be bliss.

A deployment to iraq isnt hard for the soldier usualy, its the same normal crap that we are used to.

Your wife dealing with handling everything in a household for a year by herself.. now thats hard.[/QUOTE]

I have been to Iraq, and was married, in 2003 when you were probably still trying to score chicks in junior high school. My wife handled it just fine and we have a kid too. I'm not saying that staying home isn't hard, but to say "the hardest job in the Army" is a far cry from reality... And seriously, picking up kid, mowing the grass, fixing a leaky faucet? How is any of that hard? That's LIFE, and single parents and other people deal with that on a daily basis. What people live through in Africa or China on a daily basis is HARD, not calling the plumber repairman.

Comment

[quote=LT_77]I hear this all the time and don't buy it. Sure, they have to endure handling the home while you are gone but they aren't in the Army. They don't do PT, go to the field, get deployed and dodge IEDs and ambushes. Ok so they are lonely at home, heck I'm lonely being away while squatting over some cat hole trench in a foreign country.[/quote]

hooah. best post of the day goes to......

give a tissue to all those fans of army wives lol.

Alot of active duty wives/spouses dont work so they got it made. I give more credit to the civilian wife that works as well and raises kids. Now that is hard. But hey I dealt with the anxiety attacks and everything else from family members. The fear of losing a spouse is what makes it hard and that is similar to the spouse of a cop or fireman.
              Last edited by WO1 Quinones; October 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I have been to Iraq, and was married, in 2003 when you were probably still trying to score chicks in junior high school. My wife handled it just fine and we have a kid too. I'm not saying that staying home isn't hard, but to say "the hardest job in the Army" is a far cry from reality... And seriously, picking up kid, mowing the grass, fixing a leaky faucet? How is any of that hard? That's LIFE, and single parents and other people deal with that on a daily basis. What people live through in Africa or China on a daily basis is HARD, not calling the plumber repairman.[/QUOTE]

2003- Avaiation school part 141 liscences from private to commercail IFR /multi engine rating
                2004- 2005 Iraq

So nice shot there sir.

But still i think your original message if you posted that to any FRG member would freak on you.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]hooah. best post of the day goes to......

give a tissue to all those fans of army wives lol.

Alot of active duty wives/spouses dont work so they got it made. I give more credit to the civilian wife that works as well and raises kids. Now that is hard.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! This "wife" hardest job is a crock. It's called life. Imagine having a spouse that is ESL doing all the above coming from a 3rd world country and thought it was normal and customary of military spouse. But times has changed this was late 80's and early 90's before the advent of internet and cell phones (only rich people could afford). D-am-n maybe I should be hooking up with all the lonely wives while their soldiers are deployed that is if I can get too them before the active duty soldiers do. It is at every military base and it just doesn't happen on the "unit and army wives"!LOL:D

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]If i can make a recomendation. My family skipped my graduation because i was flying home that day. You might consider saving the cash and just waiting the extra day til he gets home. AIT graduation was nothing like BCT.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I'm leaving it all up to him, it's his money.

Comment

[QUOTE=kirbaeus]Doesn't sound too healthy when your dad beats you. Maybe Sam will set him straight and hopefully your dad will stop doing that in the future.[/QUOTE]

No! Not my dad, my ex. My ex is the one who beat me up.

I went over to my ex's apartment (he wasn't supposed to be there that night) with my best friend because she was dating his roommate and while I was there he started drinking and got really mean. After hitting me I hid in his roommates room and he kept texting my phone causing it to die. My phone was off for an hour before I found a charger to plug it in. When I found a charger I had a message from Sam on there. I was so mad at my ex for causing my phone to die resulting in my missing Sam's call, I walked out of the room and punched him in the face. He fell straight to the ground and never hit me again.

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Ditto! This "wife" hardest job is a crock. It's called life. Imagine having a spouse that is ESL doing all the above coming from a 3rd world country and thought it was normal and customary of military spouse. But times has changed this was late 80's and early 90's before the advent of internet and cell phones (only rich people could afford). D-am-n maybe I should be hooking up with all the lonely wives while their soldiers are deployed that is if I can get too them before the active duty soldiers do. It is at every military base and it just doesn't happen on the "unit and army wives"!LOL:D[/QUOTE]

You're fully entitled to you opinion, but there are thousands of soldiers that don't agree with you. Out Of the hundreds of soldiers I've talked to, I've only heard 7 of them say that their job is harder than a military wife's. But as I said, you are entitled to you opinion.

Comment

To their credit, they live with the unknown. They don't know that you're sitting in a hole or behind a wall under fire knowing that the next decisions you make will decide whether you live or not.

They also will see soldier deaths reported around the clock on radio, TV and the newspaper.

They are stuck at home with that on their minds on top of taking on any responsibilities you left behind for them.

I found being deployed so easy...because the military set my schedules, housed me and fed me.

My wife had to deal with our newborn son (born 45 days premature), who had an apnea machine for 4 months after I left because my leave was up. She still despises me somewhat because of all that...but especially the military.
                          Last edited by SteveLord; October 1st, 2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I think what causes some resentment from Soldiers is that when you return from deployment, its often "you don't know what [I]I've[/I] been through!" And to their credit, its true. However, the opposite is also true, but the indication is that their suffering was worse than the Soldiers suffering. From someone who just got home from getting shot at and blown up, thats a hard pill to swallow. I'm not saying that one or the other is "worse", they are different, and equally difficult to deal with.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]
                              My wife had to deal with our newborn son (born 45 days premature), who had an apnea machine for 4 months after I left because my leave was up. She still despises me somewhat because of all that...but especially the military.[/QUOTE]

I can agree that would be a rough situation for anyone to deal with. Your wife did well.

I don't understand how she can resent you or the military though, it's our JOB, it's what we do and we love it. I don't understand why spouses and Soldiers freak out when we actually have to do our jobs.

My wife knows better than to rag on the military, and she would never ask me to choose between her and the uniform, because she knows what my answer would be. I'm appreciative that she is there for me when I'm gone, but if she wasn't I'd still continue to do what I do. Bottom line.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I can agree that would be a rough situation for anyone to deal with. Your wife did well.

I don't understand how she can resent you or the military though, it's our JOB, it's what we do and we love it. I don't understand why spouses and Soldiers freak out when we actually have to do our jobs.

My wife knows better than to rag on the military, and she would never ask me to choose between her and the uniform, because she knows what my answer would be. I'm appreciative that she is there for me when I'm gone, but if she wasn't I'd still continue to do what I do. Bottom line.[/QUOTE]

Another Ooh effin rah! Your on a roll today LT good stuff! How can you bite the hand that feeds you? Simply amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X