Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Wife/Husband (Girlfriend/Boyfriend), right? :)

Hooah? lol!

Sorry, had to do that. Rough day and it made me smile.

Comment

exactly

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/signalwarrant/njguard.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]It wasn't meant as an insult. But if you are truely serious about this young man, you need to toughten up alittle. This is basic training, and he is gone for about 4 months. What are you going to do if he deploys to Iraq for 15 months and is out on convoys day after day and cant call you? How bout if he goes to 'stan and you don't hear from him for a month? I hope this doesn't happen, but it can. AND if it does, he needs to know that you can handle things at home. He HAS to know this in order to be able to focus all his attention on his mission. That is why ARMY WIFE (GIRLFRIEND) IS THE HARDEST JOB IN THE ARMY!![/QUOTE]

I've gotten a lot better since he left. All of this is very new to me. I'm not use to dating someone that I can only write to. I know if he gets deployed that it's not going to be easy, but I also know it's his job. I support him 100%. No one here except for my mom and his mom support me. My dad, my friends, his dad, my family all think I'm completely crazy for dating Sam when he's going through training and everything.

Comment

Sounds like they dont like Sam. Sam I am? I am Sam??? Great movie.

Comment

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]I've gotten a lot better since he left. All of this is very new to me. I'm not use to dating someone that I can only write to. I know if he gets deployed that it's not going to be easy, but I also know it's his job. I support him 100%. No one here except for my mom and his mom support me. My dad, my friends, his dad, my family all think I'm completely crazy for dating Sam when he's going through training and everything.[/QUOTE]

Well having an 18, and 13 year old daughters, I TOTALLY see why your dad don't like Sam...He11, I don't like Sam or Chris, or Tyler...It's a dad thing...you would not understand LOL :D

Comment

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]I've gotten a lot better since he left. All of this is very new to me. I'm not use to dating someone that I can only write to. I know if he gets deployed that it's not going to be easy, but I also know it's his job. I support him 100%. No one here except for my mom and his mom support me. My dad, my friends, his dad, my family all think I'm completely crazy for dating Sam when he's going through training and everything.[/QUOTE]
              Your rollercoaster has just left the gate! There are a lot of good web sites out there that are geared towards the 'other half'. Use your google and you should be able to find some of them. And no you are not crazy, however is it still 'dating' if you haven't seen him for this long? I suppose the other option would be to say he is the fellow you have been 'seeing' even though you haven't actually set your eyes on him for a while.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Sounds like they dont like Sam. Sam I am? I am Sam??? Great movie.[/QUOTE]

My dad and step mom don't like Sam. They've never met him is why. Once they meet him I'm sure they will love him. Well, dad with threaten him and then eventually he'll like him.

That just made me laugh (Sam I am), Sam and I joke a lot about his name. Especially since my initials are S.A.M. Sam likes to joke and say if we ever grow up and get married that I should keep my last name and just add his onto the end. My initials then would be S.A.M.S :p

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]Well having an 18, and 13 year old daughters, I TOTALLY see why your dad don't like Sam...He11, I don't like Sam or Chris, or Tyler...It's a dad thing...you would not understand LOL :D[/QUOTE]

Lol. My dad is super protective of me, which is a bit odd sometimes. He's not the best dad, I don't think he really knows how to be but he tries his best. I only get to see him twice a year. Also my step mom and my dad both really liked my ex so.... I don't know why they still would though. He beat me up shortly after Sam left for basic. He waited until Sam left because he didn't want to get his butt kicked.

Comment

[QUOTE=maidenrockmom]Your rollercoaster has just left the gate! There are a lot of good web sites out there that are geared towards the 'other half'. Use your google and you should be able to find some of them. And no you are not crazy, however is it still 'dating' if you haven't seen him for this long? I suppose the other option would be to say he is the fellow you have been 'seeing' even though you haven't actually set your eyes on him for a while.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just joined one earlier today.

Comment

I commend you for your ability to support him. Few women I know support my decision. hell when I told my ex I was enlisting she broke up with me, it happens.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ababb17]I commend you for your ability to support him. Few women I know support my decision. hell when I told my ex I was enlisting she broke up with me, it happens.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that from a lot of my military friends. Supporting him is easy for me, I just miss him.

Comment

[quote=Ababb17]I commend you for your ability to support him. Few women I know support my decision. hell when I told my ex I was enlisting she broke up with me, it happens.[/quote]

sometimes people wanted to walk in the first place but were looking for that valid reason.

Comment

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]I feel really dumb for this, but I can't remember the official name. I know he will be driving the big trucks if that helps any. He said that he'll get his cell phone in AIT, so I hope so. It will make all of this much easier. I would be flying out tomorrow to go to his BIC graduation, but I couldn't get the information in time to go. Also he was unable to get money out to me. I'll be going to his AIT graduation as long as he can get the money to me, but I don't know if he'll have a chance. It's been 9+ weeks and I still feel as if I'm dying inside. There's this huge hole it seems in my heart. I pretty much live for his letters, though I only get 1 a week if I'm lucky.[/QUOTE]

If i can make a recomendation. My family skipped my graduation because i was flying home that day. You might consider saving the cash and just waiting the extra day til he gets home. AIT graduation was nothing like BCT.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]did they move 88m school? when i was at fort leonardwood in 2006, 88m ait was there. even the marines went to that school.[/QUOTE]

There is a couple locations of the school. I got out of basic in april and we had guys going to lost in the woods and somewhere else.

Comment

Beat you up?

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]Lol. My dad is super protective of me, which is a bit odd sometimes. He's not the best dad, I don't think he really knows how to be but he tries his best. I only get to see him twice a year. Also my step mom and my dad both really liked my ex so.... I don't know why they still would though. He beat me up shortly after Sam left for basic. He waited until Sam left because he didn't want to get his butt kicked.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound too healthy when your dad beats you. Maybe Sam will set him straight and hopefully your dad will stop doing that in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X