Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=budgie123]WOW I think this is the first time I agree with you sir,[/QUOTE]
    Hooah, we got something in common :)

Comment

LMFAO, that is classic. I do not think this pic reflects badly on any branch. If you have seen the "recruit" on HBO, then you would of seen some over weight kid and how he lost 40 lbs and was transformed into a new person. There are stages and he must be in his first stage. I see types of pics like that alot and get a good laugh and then move on.

Comment

Stage huh? This guy is in a combat zone. If you're not going to get physically fit for a deployment? Then when? Most Guard units are so hard up to get their strength up for deployments that they'll let anyone with a heartbeat go if they wanted to. When my unit was mobilized, we were a little overstrength, and we had two soldiers that looked liked him. We did not bring them with us, and were discharged while we were in country. Imagine trying to carry him if he were to go down. I applaud his service, but there is more he can do to help his buddies out.

Comment

News Flash!! Fat People ARE FAT!!!! They know their fat, they choose to be fat. The excuse of "Big Boned" or "Gland Problem" or "She got a cute personality".. These are all excuses, when they are laid up with heart problems, diabetis, bed sores, etc.. It is all their fault. Yes, I know skinny people can get these medical conditions too but the percentage is much higher in overweight adults. Dont baby them, they know whats wrong. Encourage them to do better but they are going to have to want to do better. If a recruit want to join the service, Great!! Thats awesome!! But, we have rules in place for a reason. You have to meet the standard for reasons. If the person wants to change, they have to want to change themselves. Eating Cheesecake sitting on the couch watching Judge Judy all day wont kick it.. Eat an apple, drink some water, then go for a walk. Just do something besides sit on your a$$. Kids dont really go outside and play anymore, my parents could hardly make me come inside. People that sit inside all day and have no social interaction or exercise are the excuse kings, those are your psycho mommy didnt love me enough sessions with the shrink. But thats for another time and thread to discuss. I am sick of excuses, people need to stand up for their own actions, and quit acting like a wuss and society needs to quit bailing them out. The WW1 and WWII generation didnt have this, because they had pride in their selves and country.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]News Flash!! Fat People ARE FAT!!!! They know their fat, they choose to be fat. The excuse of "Big Boned" or "Gland Problem" or "She got a cute personality".. These are all excuses, when they are laid up with heart problems, diabetis, bed sores, etc.. It is all their fault. Yes, I know skinny people can get these medical conditions too but the percentage is much higher in overweight adults. Dont baby them, they know whats wrong. Encourage them to do better but they are going to have to want to do better. If a recruit want to join the service, Great!! Thats awesome!! But, we have rules in place for a reason. You have to meet the standard for reasons. If the person wants to change, they have to want to change themselves. Eating Cheesecake sitting on the couch watching Judge Judy all day wont kick it.. Eat an apple, drink some water, then go for a walk. Just do something besides sit on your a$$. Kids dont really go outside and play anymore, my parents could hardly make me come inside. People that sit inside all day and have no social interaction or exercise are the excuse kings, those are your psycho mommy didnt love me enough sessions with the shrink. But thats for another time and thread to discuss. I am sick of excuses, people need to stand up for their own actions, and quit acting like a wuss and society needs to quit bailing them out. The WW1 and WWII generation didnt have this, because they had pride in their selves and country.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.....im tired of having to be so pc around these people. I just wanna scream at them STOP EATING !!!!! but instead my state will actually incourage some of these people. They give them Hanicapped parking stickers so they have to walk less to the food court in the mall, god forbid they may burn an extra calorie . its nuts but we have to be so politicaly correct i dont know why

Comment

While I agree alot if not most of over weight people are that way due to their own actions, there are those who have actual medical problems. I know some one who was in shape, was in ROTC, something happened he went to the doctor and was told he had some medical condition im not smart enough to remember. He works out but it isnt enough, he needs meds and is getting the lap band. So not everyone just sits there and gets fat.

Comment

Is that photo even real? Does anyone know? I've got several friends that could create that image with little trouble.

Comment

[QUOTE=ctfrasier]Is that photo even real? Does anyone know? I've got several friends that could create that image with little trouble.[/QUOTE]
                  so you saying they doctored the pic by putting a US Army PT Uniform with a slung weapon on a big civilian or distorted the soldier?

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]so you saying they doctored the pic by putting a US Army PT Uniform with a slung weapon on a big civilian or distorted the soldier?[/QUOTE]

No, but he could easily put a recruit who is losing weight before BCT into the messhall :D

Comment

Lets cover some facts:
                      1. You have to burn more calories than you consume for weight loss to occur.
                      2. If you are overweight, and start a exercise program, we will use jogging for example. You stick to this program and burn alot of calories, good for you, but you no what happens in a month? Your still fat!!! You can run alot further now, and probably lost a few pounds and feel better about yourself. Its a great start and by the end of the second month you should really be able to see a difference. The point to this one is, just because you exercise, it isnt magic, it wont happen overnight, you have to stick with it, hard work pays off.
                      3. Your body uses food as fuel. What you eat determins alot about your health. Salad is healthy, now add all that cheese, bacon, and half a cup or more of dressing and your healthy salad, is now 1300 calories+. Look at the nutrition charts for your favorite resturants, the salad I described is at Outback.
                      4. This is my favorite myth. He cant help it he is fat, his body wont burn it off.. B fng S.. Are you telling me that the laws of physics and human anatomy doesnt apply to this human!! If you dont water a plant what happens? it shrivels up and dies.. If you dont eat guess what happens you shrivel up!! Yes, it is possible to have people with situations where there body reacts differently to metabolism and absorbtion in the body. One doesnt just go into the doctor and get a lap band. There is alot of steps prior that must be covered for this to happen, here is a link for reference ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bariatrics)[/url]. The first steps are something I think we have heard before, Diet and exercise. So people that naturally have this problem are still treated with diet and exercise just like everyone else.
                      5. Self Development and Control... Losing weight, is a very hard thing to do and can be frustrating. It is real easy to lose focus and give up, or skip that workout, or eat what we dont need to and tell ourselves "I will workout extra hard tomorrow"... But when tomorrow comes it takes a big person to hold themselve accountable for that. Its easy to pass blame, we all have done it. But its even harder to blame oneself, you go to more of a denial defense. Having the guts to tell your own body what to eat and when to workout and actually follow through with it, thats when you are on the road to achieving your goals.
                      6. Honesty - Own up for your actions. If you know you didnt give it your all, then why would you expect the best results. You didnt do the job to the best of your ablility, so you get halfa$$ results. What you put into it, is what you get out of it. If you losing weight, dont weigh yourself every day, weigh every 2 weeks, or take a monthly picture in a bathing suit, no matter how bad you think you look. Then if you kept up and worked hard, compare that Day 1 pic with that Day 120 pic, see the difference!!! Now. this next part is a personal pet pieve I have and I hear this all the time, so I will do it in quotes... " I didnt pass **insert any hooah school here**, because I was too hardcore and ended up getting med dropped"... Now here is where I look at Pvt. Snuffys paperwork, which says why he didnt pass on it, and it says DOR, nothing about a Medical issue, do ya know why? Cause getting your pride hurt, because someone asked you to pull your weight and you quit, is not a medical issue. Pride is all mental, Be Honest it makes it alot easier in life.

Comment

The photo could be some ROTC kid whose photo was stuck into another photo. Unless you're on scholarship, there is no physical to take the initial two years of ROTC courses at any college. You just register for the class.

Comment

Please, I have a propensity to gain weight. I have been a fat body as a civilian several different times. As a soldier, I have scored a 272 on the APFT and not passed tape, then taken 6 days, passed tape and gone to WLC and gotten commandants list with a 279 on the APFT and no problem with tape.
                          I have no one to blame for any weight gain I have had at certain points other than myself. I know what I need to do to be leaner. There is no one to blame other than myself when I am not in shape. Simple eqaution, burn calories, don't consume so many calories=weight loss.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]I never saw a Marine skipper hang out at an Army IET DFAC before lol. This could of been Kuwait, Iraq or Afghanistan. Trainees carry weapons around 24/7 and learn to clear in a clearing barrel all the time because of numerous ADs that happened downrange. Believe me; I have seen this type of soldier before. I saw a female in Army PTs bigger than this guy and it was supposedly due to her glands and some other hormone issue. She had a profile and was fighting getting kicked out. But she was a wobbler.[/QUOTE]

PS. All armor units train at Fort Knox. So there are marines and the army in the same DFAC.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]I never saw a Marine skipper hang out at an Army IET DFAC before lol. This could of been Kuwait, Iraq or Afghanistan. Trainees carry weapons around 24/7 and learn to clear in a clearing barrel all the time because of numerous ADs that happened downrange. Believe me; I have seen this type of soldier before. I saw a female in Army PTs bigger than this guy and it was supposedly due to her glands and some other hormone issue. She had a profile and was fighting getting kicked out. But she was a wobbler.[/QUOTE]

At Fort Jackson we had Marine and Navy military personel in the DFAC. No idea what training they have there that they were there, but its true. Thats why I asked the question if anyone actually knew for sure. Not trying to argue the fact, just asked.
                              Last edited by WIBecky74; August 21st, 2008, 02:46 AM.

Comment

The pic was so dang funny, I printed it out and put it on my computer desk area for everyone to see! So many laughed at work! Nice stuff:) :D

Comment

Working...
                                X