X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Army/Military movies

Since its a Friday and the weekend is here where we usually go to a flick or two; I thought we open a forum on what do you think was the best military movie and why. Try to keep it towards the Army but we know there were other great ones about other services. Full Metal Jacket obviously is the Corps best recruitment film lol. Also SPC Ski's favorite might be Air Force One.

During lunch chow they were giving Courage Under Fire with Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan. Great film and story about how it went down during the First Gulf War. Fictitious account on a woman being nominated for the First Medal of Honor even though there was already one awarded to a woman during the Civil War. Lou Diamond Philips gave a nice account on being a drill sergeant that was a combat Vet and integral part of the story. A must see and two thumbs up!! I know a super old review since this film was made in 1996.

I can always watch "We Were Soldiers". I love the part when the A1-Skyraiders come in. Anyway, I like this movie because it shows both the warriors and the family's at home and how they deal with the situation. Another very moving part is when the soldiers are waiting for the bus. They don't say anything, but you can tell that their minds are racing over what they are about to do.

Comment

A few good men. Its a classic. Also, saving private ryan.

Comment

Saving private ryan was one of my all time favorites, but im gonna have to go with the Ridley Scott film......... Black Hawk Down great movie, great storie and visually amazing

Comment

Some of my favs:

Band of Brothers
          Full Metal Jacket
          Saving Private Ryan
          Apocalyspe Now
          Green Berets
          Good Morning Vietnam
          Gardens of Stone
          Patton
          Platoon

Comment

Yes, "Patton" is great, and "Tora, Tora, Tora". I've seen those planes at several air shows. They are actually AT-6 Texans and some other type of trainers converted into Zeros and Vals for the movie.

Comment

i doubt it

[quote=QuantumRN]"Music Within" is an awesome true story that I'm sure most of you have not seen. The movie is about Richard Pimental, a guy who went to Vietnam, and returned disabled. It's hilariously funny AND [B]unbelievably inspiring[/B]. Anyone who has been, or is going over to Iraq or Afghanistan, should see it. :)[/quote]

I dont think that movie exists in anyone's video rental store as well :D

Comment

i'm not going to lie, i clicked the link, and now i am intrigued. I'll have to see if blockbuster has it, i dont have netflix.

Comment

Stalingrad (better when watched with German troops... :D )

The Lost Battalion (who doesn't love Ricky Schroder?)

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]i'm not going to lie, i clicked the link, and now i am intrigued. I'll have to see if blockbuster has it, i dont have netflix.[/QUOTE]

Same here, it's going in the Netflix queue.

Comment

Band of Brothers all the way. Because it's a good 8-10 hours!!! Saving Private Ryan as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=budgie123]Black Hawk Down great movie, great storie and visually amazing[/QUOTE]

I agree! love Black Hawk Down, one of my favorite movies.

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN]"Music Within" is an awesome true story that I'm sure most of you have not seen. The movie is about Richard Pimental, a guy who went to Vietnam, and returned disabled. It's hilariously funny AND [B]unbelievably inspiring[/B]. Anyone who has been, or is going over to Iraq or Afghanistan, should see it. :)[/QUOTE]
                          Looks like a movie of the week/made for TV flick. Shows Captain Nixon from Band of Brothers/Office Space and again he is in a 101st Airborne Division Unit. Looks ok but we asked for the best war movies lol

Comment

[QUOTE=louis.quinones]Looks like a movie of the week/made for TV flick. Shows Captain Nixon from Band of Brothers/Office Space and again he is in a 101st Airborne Division Unit. Looks ok but we asked for the best war movies lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't know it was a war movie thread. I'll go delete...

Comment

Little Known Flicks

If you can find it, "84 Charlie MoPic" and "The Boys from Company C".

Comment

Working...
                              X