• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]

The Lost Battalion (who doesn't love Ricky Schroder?)[/QUOTE]

I forgot about this movie. hardly known but a great one, some tough SOB's

Comment

Sargeant York

Sargeant York, need to watch it again. I saw it a long time ago. About a Sargeant in WW1.

Also, To Hell and Back, the Story of Audie Murphy. Most decorated soldier from WWII, a little(5 ft 5 inches) kid from Northeast Texas, killed a bunch of Germans. I love the part toward the end when Audie is on the phone with someone trying to see how close Audie is to the Germans and Audie says

"here I'll hold the phone up and you can talk to them". Now THAT is CLOSE!

Comment

hey everyone how about "UNCOMON VALOR" staring gene hacvkman goes back to nam to save his son thats pow

Comment

[QUOTE=49thadband]Sargeant York, need to watch it again. I saw it a long time ago. About a Sargeant in WW1.

Also, To Hell and Back, the Story of Audie Murphy. Most decorated soldier from WWII, a little(5 ft 5 inches) kid from Northeast Texas, killed a bunch of Germans. I love the part toward the end when Audie is on the phone with someone trying to see how close Audie is to the Germans and Audie says

"here I'll hold the phone up and you can talk to them". Now THAT is CLOSE![/QUOTE]

"To Hell and Back" is a great choice!

Comment

Definately love We Were Soldiers and Saving Private Ryan... Since I'm in the Guard though I'll have to go with a movie about the ORIGINAL National Guard--- Mel Gibson in The Patriot.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hickman]Some of my favs:

Band of Brothers
              Full Metal Jacket
              Saving Private Ryan
              Apocalyspe Now
              Green Berets
              Good Morning Vietnam
              Gardens of Stone
              Patton
              Platoon[/QUOTE]

YA YA YA man how do you not mention RED DAWN. I mean it so far fetched but those paratrooper camo's are bad a$$. I know I know they are not even real soviet camo's. They had tried to get as close to KLMK suits as possible.

red dawn camo below
              [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/MeinTeil75/Picture186.jpg[/IMG]

Soviet KLMK below
              [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/MeinTeil75/Picture183.jpg[/IMG]

Romanian AK-47 Wasr-10

Comment

all those r great movies but no1 put major pain.its not really army but its jrotc and its def one of the funniest movies ever. i wish my jrotc was like that

Comment

THE LONGEST DAY.

That movie not only had every star ever know to man, but paid extra attention to my older brothers in the 29 ID. (yea we know, if you not 29, then you're just...not)

29th.............................LET'S GO!

Comment

[QUOTE=DEMO]YA YA YA man how do you not mention RED DAWN. I mean it so far fetched but those paratrooper camo's are bad a$$. I know I know they are not even real soviet camo's. They had tried to get as close to KLMK suits as possible.

Romanian AK-47 Wasr-10[/QUOTE]

I was trying to stay with "real wars". Red Dawn is one of my favs, along with Rambo series, Stripes and other military related movies.

Comment

im back

my account was locked out due to resetting to a new email address and had to recreate an account. anyway a good war pic was called "The Bridge at Remagen" a must see. all star cast

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]Marines get to watch movies in Bootcamp?? What is this world coming to. We didnt even get to watch a movie in Basic.

Guess the Marines are Getting soft.[/QUOTE]
                        its a propaganda film shown to marine recruits to get inspired. remember the corps training emphasis alot of marine history; that is why a marine can talk educated about the battle of belleau woods, smedley butler and chesty puller. I have asked soldiers many times on what is the Army's birthday and they couldnt even answer that. Also, I went to Marine Boot during July 4th and they let us enjoy the fireworks at Parade Rest; staring straight up; then took us to a movie. again, if you looked around, you watched the ceiling instead of the movie lol please dont ever compare army basic to marine boot. :)
                        Last edited by WO1 Quinones; August 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]THE LONGEST DAY.

That movie not only had every star ever know to man, but paid extra attention to my older brothers in the 29 ID. (yea we know, if you not 29, then you're just...not)

29th.............................LET'S GO![/QUOTE]

HOOAH!

I am going to go watch that movie now!

------

As far as marines go, seems they are a little "tighter" than the army is - i could be wrong, but not being in the army their brotherhood seems stronger than the army's, i assume because they emphases it more than the army does during BCT

Comment

good movie

Any pic with Mr. Wayne in it is simply classic.

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/signalwarrant/HPIM2022.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=mwines]HOOAH!

I am going to go watch that movie now!

------

As far as marines go, seems they are a little "tighter" than the army is - i could be wrong, but not being in the army their brotherhood seems stronger than the army's, i assume because they emphases it more than the army does during BCT[/QUOTE]

Comment

how about mel gibson in ,Golipoli classic about the australian light horse in WWI

Comment

[QUOTE=sgt hodge]how about mel gibson in ,Golipoli classic about the australian light horse in WWI[/QUOTE]
                                awesome movie. trench warfare; what a way to fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X