X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Shot at Air Assault School/Recognizing a great employer

Just got back from Air Assault School a few days ago. I was a day one drop because I did not prepair enough. Luckily one of my NCO's got me a slot starting this Sun.. I declined the offer at first because of rib pains, but my NCO changed my mind. Let's just say they can be very persuasive when they want to be. a couple of them even went out and helped me with certain things that I am weak on. I am going this time hurt, but much more confident! Wish me luck.

Much appreciation to not only my NCO's, but my employer. They gave me the time off and then rescheduled me for two weeks when I called and said I failed. 24 hours later I called and said that I needed to get those shifts picked up because I was getting another shot at AAS. They are going to pay people overtime, work short handed, and pull mangers in to work on the floor to get these shifts covered. They do all of this in support of my training and ask nothing in return except I be a good employee. Is there anyway that I can get them recognition for there support that doesn't take six months to process?

Go to the ESGR website and nominate them for a my boss is a patriot award.

Comment

Evidently you already know about the My Boss is a Patriot award at [url]www.esgr.org[/url]. Definitely submit the boss's name, but you're right, it takes longer than you want it to.

Perhaps your commander would be so kind as to write a note of appreciation on military letterhead (with you supplying the recommended text, with proper spellings of names).

Additionally, you could write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, thanking your employer by name.

Comment

[QUOTE]Additionally, you could write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, thanking your employer by name.
        [/QUOTE]

Now that is a good idea!

Comment

Employer Certificate...

If you have logged on to the G-Rap website and taken the test you will get points to order merchandise. You can order a customized certificate with several backgrounds you can choose from and order a frame as well. I ordered one for my family anf recieved it in 4 days from date of order. It came shipped in bubble wrap and after signing the certificate you put it in the frame and tap the 4corner nails in to place. It is a nice looking frame/certificate....

Comment

[QUOTE=Alaska2]Just got back from Air Assault School a few days ago. I was a day one drop because I did not prepair enough. Luckily one of my NCO's got me a slot starting this Sun..

Ok, its been time, how did the 2nd trip turn out? Any Luck?

Comment

if you need tips let me know

I went to air assault school at Fort Campbell, KY in 2005 at 39 years old and made it. I was forced to go since I was an NCO so I had to do PT twice a day to make sure I will make it past zero day. After zero day its no sweat unless ruckmarching 12 miles in less than 3 hours is a problem for you. The spooky part is when I slipped out of the chinook and banged my head on the wheel lol. The rappel master ended up kicking me out of the bird and swoosh I went down but I did brake 3 times lol. Fast roping was a rush as well especially when we raced against another leg with 40 men on each side going down one after another. Anyway, let me know where you struggling at and I can give you some tips. Once you get the wings, you feel proud on making it. and you can be like this on graduation day. Man I look awful in this pic lol
              [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/signalwarrant/airassault.jpg[/IMG]
              Last edited by louis.quinones; July 31st, 2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X