Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most ridiculous piece of headgear I ever wore in my life (I feel like a British troop). Too bad on active I dont have the luxury to choose my headgear. Only in the field is the PC allowed. I think the tan one matches better with the ACUs and they should of gave us that color instead of the Rangers. Let them stay with the black. But we got the beret with the BDUs so who knew.

Miss my jarhead cover but remember the days when the Army's PC was pointed with sewn in creases. Remember the OD Vietnam ballcap? lol

Comment

But my wife likes the way I look in it. :rolleyes:

Comment

The friggen thing is a dressy type hat.... /shudder....

Should be worn AS a dressy type hat... i.e, with the dress uniform.

Patrol cap should be worn for any and all non-dress military functions. With the exception of course of parade grounds, and activites of the dog and pony nature.

Hated pulling TCP's with a beret in okinawa or arizona for hours on end on the blacktop squinting and feeling my head bake in that wool head condom.

Comment

They have been trying to make first formation be berets for months, no one will listen. lol After that most is in the field so its PC, but even this last one that was at the home station, no one would wear'em. hehee

Comment

[QUOTE=jesussaves][url]http://www.armedforcesmcss.us/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97[/url]

As anyone ever ordered from these guys?[/QUOTE]

Great beret! Place it on and wear. Watch their video on it too!

[url]www.armedforcesmcss.us:[/url])

Comment

Seriously??

I guess we have been slacking on the beret-wear...We just got a memo from the top directing us to wear the beret ALL THE TIME with a few exceptions as listed in the memo....

So, I'm wearing mine right now...

[IMG]http://www.abfab.co.uk/Thumbnails/S21305.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Sadly, Sir, I have seen plenty of people wear their's like that:(

Comment

Re: Beret problems

Old thread but... Are the pre-shaped also pre-shaved?

Comment

yes the pre-shaped berets are 'inspection-ready' as they're called in some places. Honestly, I just spend the money on them rather than hassle with the issued ones. They're a lot more comfortable and require seconds not minutes/hours to get it to fit properly on your head. Spend your time finding the right size though, the sizing is not like the issued berets.

Comment

Even the "Preshaved" ones need to be shaved some. However, I do say get the preshaped because when I see people with jacked up ones... I freak out. We aren't french! wear it right

Comment

Re: Best way to prepare beret

[QUOTE=10th Mountain Sgt.;30918]First off don't take direction from a weekend warrior ever lol.
                        Do not wash it in a machine.
                        Burn it instead of taking a razor to it.
                        Take clean brush to it and remove the ashes.
                        Put it in a freezer for a while than take it out and form it to your head
                        Put it back in freezer after formed.

You can take a razor to it if you want but it looks like **** and it takes a lot longer to do.

I got these directions from someone who wears a green beret :D

10TH Mountain Sgt.

Out[/QUOTE]

so when you say not to machine wash, do u mean dry clean or spot clean it? hubby does mostly welding in his trade and his beret is pretty filthy, we need to get it clean again. your answer seems the best one i've come across so far. please help!

Comment

Don't machine wash it unless you can shrink your head. Don't even risk it.

If it's THAT dirty, take it in to a professional or just buy a new one. Your supply sergeant should have extra due to the change.

Comment

[QUOTE=armywife85;157334]so when you say not to machine wash, do u mean dry clean or spot clean it? hubby does mostly welding in his trade and his beret is pretty filthy, we need to get it clean again. your answer seems the best one i've come across so far. please help![/QUOTE]

That guy hasn't logged in since 2008, I really don't think you will get an answer from him any time soon. My best advice if the beret is THAT dirty is to throw it away and buy a new one. It is a PITA to shave and shape it but trying to get grease, dirt, grime etc out of that wool piece of **** is not happening. I second the unit supply NCO possibly having extra's laying around. If the beret is in bad enough shape maybe it can be DXed.

Comment

Does the Guard still go to drill in Berets? The regular PC is the main duty cap. Who works in a beret now? Like the SGT said, but another one for 8 bucks online.

Comment

ok so he'll have to get a new one. but when it comes time to clean the new one, how should i go about it? i've heared so many answers and i just dont know. hes not a mechanic hes a Mat Tech so we dont need to worry about grease, just welding dust and sweat. i dont want to be the one ruining his berets, how do u clean yours Sgt. Juggernaut?

Comment

Working...
                                X