Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergeant, isnt this a site FOR 'Weekend Warriors?' My shaving and using hot water seemed to have worked just fine also. Its nice to see different ideas though.

Comment

[QUOTE=10th Mountain Sgt.]First off don't take direction from a weekend warrior ever lol.
      [/QUOTE]

Those 3-4 tours in the sand make for a long "weekend" :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we're all brothers-in-arms these days sarge...

Comment

No doubt. I had just found out last week that i'm getting deployed and it isnt part of our normal rotation so about a year after I get back i'll be going again. I'm hoping it was meant in fun, but considering the circumstances it hit a nerve.

Comment

yeah, I'm sure he meant it with it with respect. Back pre-desert storm, I worked in a Readiness Group and spent a lot of time in Guard/Reserve units, trying to remind them of what active duty was like.

Nowadays, we're all in it together. Dang I can't wait to get into uniform again :D

Comment

Pre-shaped Inspection ready beret

Pre-shaped, pre-formed, steamed, pre-shaven, inspection ready beret and meets 670-1 requirements.

[URL="http://www.armedforcesmcss.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97"]http://www.armedforcesmcss.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97[/URL]

Put it on your head, and you are ready to go.

[IMG]http://www.armedforcesmcss.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97[/IMG]

Comment

Too Funny

[QUOTE=10th Mountain Sgt.]First off don't take direction from a weekend warrior ever lol.
              Do not wash it in a machine.
              Burn it instead of taking a razor to it.
              Take clean brush to it and remove the ashes.
              Put it in a freezer for a while than take it out and form it to your head
              Put it back in freezer after formed.

You can take a razor to it if you want but it looks like crap and it takes a lot longer to do.

I got these directions from someone who wears a green beret :D

10TH Mountain Sgt.

Out[/QUOTE]

GREAT POST

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]GREAT POST[/QUOTE]

Brother from the 10th Mountain Division, NY Hooah! 98-2004 Four tours.

Comment

[QUOTE=Maria Garcia]Pre-shaped, pre-formed, steamed, pre-shaven, inspection ready beret and meets 670-1 requirements.

[URL="http://www.armedforcesmcss.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97"]http://www.armedforcesmcss.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97[/URL]

Put it on your head, and you are ready to go.

[IMG]http://www.armedforcesmcss.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=700&category_id=97[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I found them at the PEC...got two :cool:

Comment

Do not wash it in a machine.
                    Burn it instead of taking a razor to it.
                    Take clean brush to it and remove the ashes.
                    Put it in a freezer for a while than take it out and form it to your head
                    Put it back in freezer after formed.

You can take a razor to it if you want but it looks like crap and it takes a lot longer to do.

I got these directions from someone who wears a green beret :D

10TH Mountain Sgt.

Out[/QUOTE]

OMG how did I miss this??? First off never take directions from someone who has to name drop false green beret friends in order to gain respect.

If you follow these tool-bag instructions you'll end up wearing a crusty critter on your head.

Razor, wear in shower, let dry. Or, buy the pre-formed as listed previously (I'm going to check one out).

I got those directions from Chuck Norris himself.

Comment

Lol Lt......

Comment

Yeah, I debated commenting on that...

To be honest, I wouldn't be so quick to jump all over beret instructions just because someone with a Green one said so... I've seen some pretty ugly green and red ones. Its the tan ones that always seem locked tight...

Comment

Shave it??

First--

Cut the cardboard flap into a small square. Hold the beret upside down like a bowl and fill it with steaming hot water. Once properly soaked, pour out the water and put that wet mess on your head. With the flash over your eye, pull down the front until it looks like the bill of a ball cap, tuck the fabric behind it and lift it up. To shape, smooth the fabric around the back of your head, shaping the felt forward. Do this regularly until it dries.

Fuzz removal--
                          That wonderfull fuzzy texture that the shaping has created is best removed with a sweater shaver. They cost about $5 and take two AA batteries. They are guaranteed not to cut throught the fabric, as I have seen done by actual razors.

Considering what a good electric costs, don't gum it up with beret fuzz. Use that cheap sweater shaver.

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]First--

Cut the cardboard flap into a small square. [/QUOTE]

Most important part Sir, good call. When I see people wearing berets with the cardboard not cut, it is indeed ridiculous looking.

The answer to all of this of course, would be to simply get rid of the beret, give it back to the Rangers and bring back the patrol cap as full time headgear. :cool:

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

[QUOTE=LT_77]The answer to all of this of course, would be to simply get rid of the beret, give it back to the Rangers...[/QUOTE]

Is it any wonder that we wear them for first and last formation only, and wear the patrol cap any chance we get? I keep my beret in a plastic bag when I'm not wearing it. One drop on the ground, and it never looks the same. Can't wear it in the rain. Who else would wear a wool hat in the summer? And it doesn't keep the sun out of my eyes....
                              :eek:
                              [I]ok, breathe....happy place...happy place....[/I]

Comment

**** beret. But even if your unit does PCs, the one time you don't take it to drill JUST INCASE....you'll have to wear it for some dumb reason.

I remember wanting it so bad as a recruit as it would signify my completion of BT/AIT. Then after getting it and wearing it, that got old quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X