X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS/Can I bring my family there?

I was wondering if anybody knows if I can bring my husband & 2 daughters with me when I go to MEPS? I saw the video & saw some parents, but i'd really love it if my family could go with me. If it's a problem with lodging, i'd be more than willing to put them up in a seperate hotel if I had to, just as long as they can be there to see me swear in/take the oath. Thanks!

Yes you can bring family to MEPS to watch you swear in. Just let your recruiter know, and make sure they coordinate with MEPS to make sure they know they're coming. (if it is on a military base, they will need someone with a military ID to accompany them). They will need to stay in their own nearby hotel. Make sure they bring a camera! :)

Comment

Ok, thanks a bunch!:) Also are video cameras allowed? This is going to be a big day for me!

Comment

They would not let anyone video my swearing in, they said it was a privacy issue. After it was over, my mom took pics, when it was only me in the room with the officers.

Comment

I've taken pictures of the "swearing in" ceremony on several occassions with other applicants in the room at the same time. I've never had an issue with security or privacy issues. It probably depends on the MEPS. I would say bring the video camera. It can't hurt to ask when you're down there.

Comment

Thanks, it appears ive asked this for nothing. My man told me today he doesnt want to go, he doesn't want to sit around all day :mad:

Comment

Privacy Issue

I think I know why there would be a privacy issue. There are a select few recruits that bypass basic and AIT and are recruited directly into Special Forces. I knew a guy who ran an military surplus booth at my local flea market and that is what he did. I thought he was lying until I found a couple of guys on an airsoft board and one on another military board who did the same thing. I think the guy from the flea market was a Green Beret with a DELTA SEAL tab.

(where oh where is the sarcasm emoticon when you need it.:D )

God bless,
              CorporateMike

Comment

LOL. You are right. I figure now that maybe it will be best for me to go through meps alone, without my family there to make me nervous you know? The only sad thing is they more than likely wont be able to come to my graduation because I live in RI & i'll be in BCT in SC. I can't possibly afford the trip for them. But I told them we can celebrate when I come home from AIT. It's all good, and it'll work out fine. G-G-Getting N-N-Nervous now as my countdown begins.:o

Comment

It's ok to be nervous as you embark on this new adventure, but you'll be fine. Once you start your training everything begins falling in place. Go get 'em!

Comment

GIVE 'EM HELL!!!!! Just remeber to never ever except defeat. Push yourself harder than anyone else. Congrats on everything and best of luck to you!!

Comment

Ty so much! I figure this much, it doesn't matter when I go, the fact about me is this...I am determined & i'm NOT a quitter, especially being away from my family, this will give me some ME time to concentrate even more , also while i'm away I will NOT do anything to be discharged, after all i've been through just to even enlist, I will give it my all & the ds's will see this. Once i'm in bct I wont do anything to screw it up, I wont let my family,myself,my ds's & my country down. I may be a little overweight, but I still can pass the tape, it doesn't mean i'm not a hard worker & that i'm not devoted. Whenever I don't see the scale budge I try to respeak these words, because when you think you are a let-down & a failure...it's true. Think positive,motivation,defeat & never quit. I WILL BE THAT SOLDIER,I WILL CONQUER BCT,I AM A FIGHTER! HOOAH!!!HEAR ME ROAR!:eek:

Comment

My parents weren't there to watch me enlist :( but my recruiter was which made me so happy.:D

Comment

that is so true.

Comment

Working...
                          X