X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honorable Discharge With a RE-3

I received an Honorable Discharge but I was discharged 6 months early due to a Hardship. My NGB 22 give me an honorable discharge but my reenlistment code is a RE-3. Im looking to go back in and would like to know my chances are of getting a waiver. I have never been in trouble with my time in the guard but I belive my RE-3 code was for leaving prior to my ETS. My discharge has always been honorable and I received various awards While I was in. I even received a award at the time of my discharge.

I got a waiver for RE-3 for a dirty pee test chapter, and since you just got a hardship discharge, I am sure they would give you a waiver. DOn't quote me on this, but if i got one ia m sure they would give you one. And depending on your recruiter, be prepared to wait 6 months or more. Mine took almost a year.

Comment

You will probably get a waiver. You just need to prove that the hardship is over. My code was a RE-3 and I got my waiver in 1 week for a hardship discharge. Good luck.

Comment

you can definitely get a waiver and they are correct when you have to prove that the hardship has been overcome. How long has it been since your release? there are certain waiting periods that come with certain discharges, but your waiver is a relatively simple one. What state do you live in? If you are any where near New Jersey I would be more then happy to assist you in this process. Look forward to hearing from you.

[QUOTE=MPCPL]I received an Honorable Discharge but I was discharged 6 months early due to a Hardship. My NGB 22 give me an honorable discharge but my reenlistment code is a RE-3. Im looking to go back in and would like to know my chances are of getting a waiver. I have never been in trouble with my time in the guard but I belive my RE-3 code was for leaving prior to my ETS. My discharge has always been honorable and I received various awards While I was in. I even received a award at the time of my discharge.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
        X