X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-4 Question

Joined the Marines back in 2001 and was discharged after about 9 months of active duty with an General Under Honorable RE-4 JFX Narrative: Personality disorder. My question is: Is there any chance of getting a waiver and reenlisting in the Idaho National Guard?
    Thanks
    Brian

[QUOTE=jever]Joined the Marines back in 2001 and was discharged after about 9 months of active duty with an General Under Honorable RE-4 JFX Narrative: Personality disorder. My question is: Is there any chance of getting a waiver and reenlisting in the Idaho National Guard?
    Thanks
    Brian[/QUOTE]

RE-4's from the Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps can be eligible to join the Guard, But we also look at the seperation narrative. Your narrative will require a waiver that will need to go to NGB for approval. You will need to have all kinds of medical documentation showing that if you do have a personality disorder that it has been treated, and that will need to be included in the waiver packet.
    It will be tough and a long process, but it could work. Go see a recruiter and start the process.

Comment

You need to contact BUPERS as well to request seperation and RE code change. It will take up to 6 months but from my understanding you can also get a waiver to join the guard now. It takes a little bit to get that RE changed but it can happen.
      Discharge Review board:
      [url]www.aflf14.jag.af.mil[/url]
      number(202)685-6600

They will help you

Comment

Working...
      X