X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rsp question

is it mandatory that you go to rsp before bootcamp?

i am not sure if rsp is mandatory but i would recommend it. it can be fun and you can learn alot from you cadre and the guest speakers

Comment

Yep. There are some reasons they will excuse one weekend obligation, but you need to get them approved by the correct chain of command before-hand. If you are sworn in, and you miss it, you are considered absent without official leave. It is there to get you the most prepared for BCT/AIT, i'd take full advantage of it!

Comment

Actually, if your basic training ship date is set for two or three weeks after your enlistment, (and before the next RSP Drill) then you won't have to go. You may still need to come in once for inprocessing, but you won't have to stay the whole weekend. This may vary from state to state.

Comment

[QUOTE=VTguard]Actually, if your basic training ship date is set for two or three weeks after your enlistment, (and before the next RSP Drill) then you won't have to go. You may still need to come in once for inprocessing, but you won't have to stay the whole weekend. This may vary from state to state.[/QUOTE]
          Here in PA we require everybody to report to RSP after enlistment, even Quick Ships. (people going to BCT within 45 days) That is so they can be placed in the system before they report for Pre-IET.

Comment

Just to clarify, I answered assuming there was an RSP scheduled before shippinig. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Just to clarify, I answered assuming there was an RSP scheduled before shippinig. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes you did WIBecky. LOL I figured that you did.:) :)

Comment

I just signed and swore in last wednesday, but I don't ship out until April 16th. My recruiter didn't even mention that I had to go to the RSP drill this past weekend, but I brought it up to him, and he made it happen. Glad I went...

Comment

I joined on a June 2nd and shipped out June 15th. I had to go in to get my PT score to see if I was able to go... Im sure your recruiter can do that though.

Comment

Working...
                  X