X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncharacterized discharge

I received an uncharacterized discharge because i was injured during BCT and was sent home due to being split op. Well i was unable to re ship due to my medical record being lost and they wouldnt send me without it and couldnt find it. Told i would receive an uncharacterized discharge since they basically had no records on me now.

Ok now after the history lesson, will this effect me if i want to re enlist? The discharge is dated april 2006.

Also can i get credit for prior service? I enlisted in oct 2002 and made it to the rank of PFC E-3 and would like to get this rank back.

Any help on the matter would be great.

[QUOTE=mach158]I received an uncharacterized discharge because i was injured during BCT and was sent home due to being split op. Well i was unable to re ship due to my medical record being lost and they wouldnt send me without it and couldnt find it. Told i would receive an uncharacterized discharge since they basically had no records on me now.

Ok now after the history lesson, will this effect me if i want to re enlist? The discharge is dated april 2006.

Also can i get credit for prior service? I enlisted in oct 2002 and made it to the rank of PFC E-3 and would like to get this rank back.

Any help on the matter would be great.[/QUOTE]

You most likley will be able to come back in. You will be known as a GNPS. Glossery Non Prior Service, because you didn't complete BCT. That measn NO bonus, all you will get is Tuiton Benifits. Contact a local recruiter.

Comment

[QUOTE=PARecruiter11B24]You most likley will be able to come back in. You will be known as a GNPS. Glossery Non Prior Service, because you didn't complete BCT. That measn NO bonus, all you will get is Tuiton Benifits. Contact a local recruiter.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I'm glossary non-prior due to not graduating Coast Guard basic. You're not even eligible for the Quick-Ship or Off-Peak bonuses either.

Comment

Working...
      X