X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining the guard and domestic violence charge - no conviction

i am prior service and all ready to join the army active duty. a neighbor falsely accused me of hitting my wife (never happened) and the case was dismissed. as a state law in nevada, all domestic violence charges, even with a full dismissal, must complete a 26 hour anger management class. can i still join the army or the national guard? would it be easier to join the national guard for a while and then go active duty later on? what are my options? thanks!

[QUOTE=blinnane]i am prior service and all ready to join the army active duty. a neighbor falsely accused me of hitting my wife (never happened) and the case was dismissed. as a state law in nevada, all domestic violence charges, even with a full dismissal, must complete a 26 hour anger management class. can i still join the army or the national guard? would it be easier to join the national guard for a while and then go active duty later on? what are my options? thanks![/QUOTE]

Go see the local recruiter and talk to them and show them everything. They will be in the best position to help you.

Comment

wow well then, if proper documantation shows that it was totaly dismised you might be able to get in, but the problem is the anger mangament on top of it, regulation states if you did anything from community service to fine to whatever you actualy are guilty of the original crime. Dont ask me why but thats basicaly how regulation reads

Comment

another question

[QUOTE=andrew.tischner]wow well then, if proper documantation shows that it was totaly dismised you might be able to get in, but the problem is the anger mangament on top of it, regulation states if you did anything from community service to fine to whatever you actualy are guilty of the original crime. Dont ask me why but thats basicaly how regulation reads[/QUOTE]

so i cannot join then?

Comment

[QUOTE=blinnane]so i cannot join then?[/QUOTE]

Thats not what andrew said. You could possibly join. It may require a waiver. We can not tell you for sure here on this forum. That is why you need to go see a recruiter. Only then will you be able to get the best advise on what to do, and what your options are.

Comment

Working...
          X