X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: student loan repayment program

If you are trying to get a bonus, make sure you can "consolidate" the loans after the enlistment/re-enlistment - if consolidation will disqualify you I would do it before the bonus addendum is signed - even if it is signed the day before you sign it, unless the addendum says the loan must be 1 year old or older upon signing of the contract/addendum.......THAT IS WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO READ THE ADDENDUM FOR THE BONUS.

Comment

This will be true as long as the Addendum wording will cover new loans after the contract is signed.

I would recommend if a soldier has a question regarding his Student Loan Repayment Plan that they call their state education office and ask them.

Comment

I am working towards chaplaincy with a year or so to go in seminary yet. I understand the Guard currently offers a $40K SLRP option for chaplains. My question is this: when I start the process for SLRP does the Guard require an accounting of educational expenses (i.e. how much was tuition, how much were books, miscellaneous living expenses etc) or does the Guard just pay the loan as it's presented to them ($15K, $21K etc)? I am mostly wondering if I need to start keeping records of loan related expenses now?

Thanks

Comment

Studen Loan Repayment is not monthly, it is an annual payment to the lender(s). If you have questions, call your state's Educatoin Services Office (ESO). There are rules and paperwork the the service member is responsible for obtaining and submitting to the ESO every year.

Comment

Working...
          X