X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Footed

I am wanting to join the Guard and a friend said that they will not except those who have flat feet...is this true???
    hannah

[QUOTE=senior06]I am wanting to join the Guard and a friend said that they will not except those who have flat feet...is this true???
    hannah[/QUOTE]

Flat feet (also known as "pes cavis) is a permanent disqualifier if it is considered "symptomatic". The only way to know for sure if you are disqualified, is to have your recruiter take you to MEPS for a physical. If the doctors say it is a problem, you may not be able to join. If you really want to join, you have nothing to lose.

Comment

thank you for the reply that clears up a lot of questions.
      hannah

Comment

Flat Footed

I am was told a few years ago when I went to MEPS that I was a little flat footed. They really didn't say much about it. I guess it wasn't really bad. His excact words where "you are just a little flat footed". Thats all. Is this something that can get worse and bar me from enlisting now? I can still run and not get sore. Maybe someone with similar exp. can shed some light on the subject for me.

Comment

Mild flat footedness is not usually something that will prevent you from enlisting or give you significant trouble while running or roadmarching. Flat feet can get worse as time goes by though. To prevent this, you can wear shoes with good arch support in them, or buy arch support inserts to wear in your shoes. This site has a lot of good info on flat feet:

[url]http://www.flatfoot.com/Symptoms.htm[/url]

Comment

Thanks for the help VTGuard

Comment

i have flat feet and made it through fine. they will scan your feet and figure out what kind of boots to issue you, we werent allowed to wear any insoles while in OSUT training at Ft Benning, but what i did was after i was in so much pain i could hardly walk they let me go to the doctor and get custom made arch supports, then after a few days of those i was perfect again.

Comment

I have never had any soreness. I started to use the arch supports from the store and I don't really feel a difference. Maybe I won't need anything and the docs won't make a big stink about it.

Comment

Flat feet....

Interesting topic. This is a concern of mine. I have flat feet as well, but they really don't bother me. I am prior service trying to get back in, and the time through MEPS, they looked at them, and moved on. I'm wondering if they'll be any issue this time around. I run, walk, do fire/rescue work, and, as long as I can take an occasional break, I'm good for hours at a pop on my feet. Any comments?

Comment

They asked me at MEPS if my flat feet bothered me, and I honestly answered "no". But about half way through BCT, my feet broke down further, and my mom mailed me arch supports. Been wearing them ever since and I haven't had a problem. Might I add that my feet are extreamly flat, they actually broke in BCT, can't remember the name of the type of break it was though. I'm not sure if it will cause me problems this time around or not. But hopefully just adding arch supports to my boots as usual won't be a big deal.

Comment

Flat Feet!!!!! Questions.

i have mildy flat feet, meaning my my foot isn't completely flat but pretty close and i was wondering would i not be able to join the Army National Guard

Comment

Flat feet is not a disqualifier for the National Guard under our current medical enlistment policy. As of right now, you could join with flat feet.

Comment

Flat foot questions

I have flat feet with pain, Can I enlist/join? Can I be drafted?

Comment

I know in some cases you may need to get a waiver but me being flat footed when I went up to MEPS I just went on about my buisness and nothing was mentioned to me about me being flat footed!!!! Worse case scenerio y ou would get a waiver not that hard to get trust me!!!! Good Luck!!!

Comment

You may be able to enlist depending on how severe the flat-footedness is (if in fact flat-footedness is a word). if they are symptomatic (ie: they hurt when you run long distances or stand on your feel all day long) then you may be disqualified. The only way to tell for sure, is to go to MEPS and take the physical. To answer your question about the draft, you can not be drafted if you are not medically qualified to join. In other words, if you are disqualified at MEPS for flat feet, then you will not be able to be enlist...therefore you can't be drafted.

Comment

Working...
                              X