X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Advise.

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I just joined tonight b/c I'm thinking about joining the Guard. My recruiter has been after me since my sophomore year in high school which was 7 years ago.

I went and talked with him tonight about and I'm just skeptical about the whole process in itself. I have so many questions and I was wondering if ya'll could help me out a little bit.

First off.....I know that they tell you what you WANT to hear. Do you REALLY get EVERYTHING that they tell you?

Secondly......Basic training. I know that it's mentally challenging at first but how bad is it REALLY?

Thirdly.........if you know of anything else about the Guard that would help me out in my decision process I would greatly appreciate that. I'm kind of stuck right now and don't know what to do and so I figured I would talk to some people that are in the Guard and have been there and done that and know what the deal is :)

Thank you!

Great Question

Those are some great questions. Possibly. Somethings might be options. When your recruiter talks to you. Write down the stuff that you are interested in it. Then make sure that there is nothing that you have to do. Just talk to your recruiter.

Comment

To answer your 1st question You can get whatever you put into the guard out of it. I cannot help you on the basic training but what I can say is the seven months I've been in the guard my attitude on life has change I can also say that I will get back in touch with you on the basic thing because I leave in 25 days. You can private message me or leave you questions here and I can try to help you out in any way possible.

Comment

You can ask your recruiter questions and compare them to the information posted in this forum. A lot of information regarding joining the National Guard have been posted in this forum and you can probably cross-check any information given to you by a recruiter with something posted here. You can also request any information from recruiters that monitor the forum about any subject you're concerned about.

Every incentive and bonus that you are [B]eligible[/B] to receive and we as recruiter offer to you will be in your contract when you join. Request to go over the entire contract before you swear in. That's the time when you need to ensure that everything you qualify for is listed on the contract and if it's not, have it adjusted until it's all there.

Comment

Working...
        X