Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

transfer from active duty being army to the national guard?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer from active duty being army to the national guard?

if there is a way to transfer from active duty being in the army to the national guard? And if so how?:confused:

During P.T one day in A.I.T that question came up upon my Drill SGT. What she told us was really sketchy, so I confirmed it with the 1st SGT and CO. What she said was true, there are 2 ways to get to active.

1- Do not go to your duty for 6 months (I thought this was jacked up) but it works. you'll get discharged and can then sign up for active duty. (I still think thats not a good way, but my supirors told me so, so I guess its true)

2nd- way is to talk to your unit about transfering you to active duty.

Comment

[QUOTE=anyafitz06]if there is a way to transfer from active duty being in the army to the national guard? And if so how?:confused:[/QUOTE]

If you are on Active Duty you will need to complete your enlistment and ETS from the Army. Right before ETS you can go see the In Servce Recruiter and enlist in the Guard. You will not be a full member of the Guard UNTILL you have ETS'ed from the RA, or just get out and then go see a Guard Recruiter.

Comment

PARecruiter is very correct, u have to wait

Comment

For those of you that read 808squeekers response (even though it wasn't answering the question asked since it addresses going from ARNG to active), [B]do not [/B] think that the first response will help you get from the ARNG to active. Besides being an utterly irresponsible advise given by the chain of command to dismiss compliance with regulations, it condones shirking the obligation you swear an oath to serve. Additionally, a lot of states are discharging people for unsatisfactory performance (AWOL) with an RE4 code which, if you've been paying attention to the forum, will disqualify you for enlistment into the active Army (no waiver authorized).

As with any of the advise you may get from this forum, research, research, and research, because that's the only way to make an informed decision.

Comment

Working...
          X