X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't want to deploy

I want to join in for the benefits, training, exercise, and for helping.
    But I do not want to go to war you know? Can you help pls?

Well, by enlisting in the Army National Guard, you take the chance that at some point, you may in fact have to "to to war." That's a chance that soldiers have to take, and that's why we get the big bucks. (enlistment bonuses, college money, training, etc...). If you absolutely do not want to go to war, then common sense says not to join the Guard. I don't think there is anyone that really wants to go to war, but soldiers in the National Guard, (and any other branch of service) are willing to make those sacrifices and take those chances in order to serve their country and enjoy the benifits of being part of the greatest military in the world.

Comment

[QUOTE=TommyVue]I want to join in for the benefits, training, exercise, and for helping.
      But I do not want to go to war you know? Can you help pls?[/QUOTE]

[B]The purpose of the Army is to deploy overseas in combat operations.[/B] If you're not on board with that, then the Army is not the place for you (actually, none of the military services is for you). If you are unwilling to do the king's business, then do not take the king's shilling.

Comment

I hate to say it but if you are joining the military just for yourself, for what they give you, then don't join.

I don't know how many people I know that think the Guard or Reserve 'screwed them over' because they joined for the same reasons you are thinking about it only to learn later that they actually have to earn those benefits.

Comment

Working...
        X