X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about re-enlistment

I am a former Ohio National Guard member. I am thinking about joining again. I have some questions.

1. Would I have to attend basic again?
    2. What are the options as far as how many years I would have to sign up for?
    3. What are bonus options (if any) ?

I asked the same question when I went back in and was told that if you have previously held an Army MOS that you do not have to go through basic again. I would also check into any MOS you are thinking about. Make sure it is one that is eligible for a bonus.

There are two main options for enlistment. 3 and 6 years I believe. I personally signed up for 6 in my previous MOS of 19D. I was out for 6 years. Let me know how it works out.

Comment

[QUOTE=gmgenova]I am a former Ohio National Guard member. I am thinking about joining again. I have some questions.

3. What are bonus options (if any) ?[/QUOTE]

To answer your questions:

1. No once you attend basic unless its been around 8-10, since you been out you dont need to go back.

2. its 6-8 not, unless your close to your 20 year and even then the recruiter is going to try to work on you for 6-8. meaning six years active drilling to inactive ready reserve (which is almost like a free deployment now a days).

3.. Depends on how long you were in, there a reenlistment bonus depending on MOS. And you dont get and option on how to collect the money its on the military time.

Comment

[QUOTE=gmgenova]I am a former Ohio National Guard member. I am thinking about joining again. I have some questions.

3. What are bonus options (if any) ?[/QUOTE]

1. Already answer by previous post.

2. As a Prior Service (depending on whether or not you have completed your MSO, or how much MSO you have remaining) you have all the possible choices a PS can have:

Try One - 1 year
        2 years (contractual) + remaining MSO in IRR (if applicable)
        3 years (contractual) + remaining MSO in IRR (if applicable)
        4 years (contractual) + remaining MSO in IRR (if applicable)
        5 years (contractual) + remaining MSO in IRR (if applicable)
        6 years (contractual) + remaining MSO in IRR (if applicable)
        7 years (contractual) + remaining MSO in IRR (if applicable)

Once you select the contractual term you want (which should be as minimum 1 year in drilling status) the remaining balance of your MSO at ETS may be served in the IRR. If you have no MSO remaining, you will only do contractual time. Be aware that if you choose to receive a bonus you must enlist for the period stipulated by the bonus criteria.

[B]NOTE:[/B] The 8 x 0, 6 x 2, 4 x 4, 3 x 5 are the authorized periods of enlistments for [B]Non Prior Service[/B]

3. The Prior Service Enlistment Bonus (PSEB) requires that you enlist for 6 years ($15,000) or 3 years ($7,500). You do not have to enlist for your current MOS, however, [B]you must enlist[/B] for one of the NGB Top 10 or your State Critical Skill 20 MOS's.

Comment

Working...
        X