X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding out how i can volunteer to deploy

am looking for answer on how i can go about volunteering to go to iraq or afaginstan. been to iraq once want to volunteer to go again. however i need to know how i can and if what units are looking for people to deploy. im a 88 mike mosq originally a scout. anybody with a answer on how i can volunteer or site on which i can sign up to be put on a list would be great help

First, speak to your chain of command about this. I bet your state has a mobilization coordinator at the state HQ who does this (among other duties). Second, log in to GKO at [url]https://gko.ngb.army.mil/[/url] and visit
    [url]https://gkoportal.ngb.army.mil/C1/NGB-ARR-D%20Deployments/default.aspx[/url]

Comment

How Hard Is It For A Soldier To Volunteer

How Difficult Is It For A Soldier/guardsman To Volunteer For Duty In Iraq? I Just Back Back From A One Year Tour Of Duty. I'm An M.p. I Was With An Intel Tht. It Was A Good Mission. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions? I'm With The Texas Army Guard.

Comment

Talk with you Chain of Command to find out if there are any units that are deploying and taking volunteers.

Comment

Pretty easy.

We had a bunch of volunteers with us from other units. Talk to your CO and if he's/she's not sure, make some phone calls. There are units who will take volunteers.

Comment

You can volunteer through GKO - gko.ngb.army.mil

Comment

For a more direct link contact the following:

SGM Owens 703 607-3446
              [email]ngb.replacements.pull@ngb.army.mil[/email]

LT Tyson 703 607-5905
              [email]ngb.replacements.push@ngb.army.mil[/email]

These are the personnel that manage all voluntary deployments to OIF and OEF.

Comment

I want to volunteer for deployment, can it be prevented?

Want to join but i want to volunteer to deploy to iraq or Afgan is their anything that my future unit could do to prevent this if they don't want me to go? I was told that if your unit is doing any special training they will not let you go.
                Last edited by guardorbust; November 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X