Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green to Gold

Greetings Sir/SGT,

I am Currently at Ft. Stewart, GA on Active Duty. I want to make a career out of the Army. I have a plan and i want to see if it's realistic or not. by time my enlistment is up i should have my A.A and a bit more. I wanted to reenlist for OCS in the Guard. Then finish my Degree in Electrial Engineering then go back to Active Duty. The Corps of Engineers has 3 types of Officers: Combat Engineer Officer, Construction Engineer Officer , Topographic Engineer Officer; or so it says. Will i be all 3? or just one? an if get a BA in Engineering and become and registared "professional Engineer with the state of Florida." will i do Engineering? or is it all Civil Contracted out?

"Green to Gold" is a specific program that the active Army runs to let enlisted men out of their contracts early to attend college and return to active duty. You won't attend OCS, you'll attend ROTC. If you get selected for Engineer branch (not a guarantee, but it's likely) you'll get trained as a combat engineer. The other two specialties are additional qualification courses that you probably won't get, since they are a small fraction of the Engineer community. Check out [url]www.branchorientation.com[/url].

Comment

Working...
    X