X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Any Hope?

I want to know if there is any chance of me being able to get into a National Guard or Reserve unit. Let me list all the negatives first: I was chaptered out of the Army in 2000 under the weight control program (RE:3). I am/was a one-time non-selectee for the MAJ board that met while I was chaptering out. I'm drawing 20% VA disability for line of duty damage to my knee (ACL). The positives are: I have 9 years active service time. I received an honorable discharge. I had a TS/SCI clearance. I have completed my master's degree. Although I can't do squats on my bad knee, I can meet all PT standards for my age group and I am back within acceptable weight limits. While in ROTC I was SMP with the GA National Guard.

So, is there any chance of me getting in anywhere? I live in PA, but would definitely consider moving for the chance to get back in.

Thanks for the help.

It's just not possible to give a definitive answer when medical issues are involved (unless it's a clear NO-GO). We'll need to send you to a MEPS physical (at no charge to you), and see how it goes. I don't see anything in what you've described that is an automatic disqualifier.

Comment

Thanks for the Response; One More Question

Thank you for responding. I will contact a local recruiter and proceed from there. (I didn't want to waste my time or the recruiter's if there wasn't any chance!)

Also:
      Is there some kind of website I can check that lists officer openings either at a unit level or state level so I can know where to focus my efforts?
      Thanks again.

Comment

[QUOTE=lchasper]Thank you for responding. I will contact a local recruiter and proceed from there. (I didn't want to waste my time or the recruiter's if there wasn't any chance!)

Also:
        Is there some kind of website I can check that lists officer openings either at a unit level or state level so I can know where to focus my efforts?
        Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

It's the Officer Strength Manager's job to find you a position, based on your desires, qualifications, and available vacancies.

Comment

Okay. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X