X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E1-E4 Promotion

Hi i have joined the US Army Hawaii National Guard as an E-1 and I am awared that we get promoted from E-1 till E-3 throughout time but I was wondering once we get promoted, does it register in the system automatically or do we have to notify them or do some paperwork to get promoted? thank you =D

Promotion through E-4 are automatic and you don't need to notify anyone that your time is up. They'll keep track of it. If you think you're past due for a promotion, you need to notify your chain of command, and they'll take care of it.

Comment

thank you =]

Comment

Promotions from E-1 thru E-4 are automatic in the sense that you qualify for promotions at various time benchmarks. They are, however, not guaranteed since [B]they must be approved by your commander[/B] and the essential element of [B]job performance[/B] plays a crucial role in influencing a commander's decision to approve a promotion. As long as you're doing a good job and don't get in trouble, those promotions should be right on target.

Comment

General rule of thumb is E1 to E2 in 6 months; E2 to E3 in another 6 months (total of one year); E4 comes a 14 months later (total of 26 months). There are exceptions and waivers for early promotion, but normally, that is the way it goes. (assuming you're not flagged for promotion by failing the PT test or height/weight standards)

Comment

rank ??'s possibley for a recruiter

I filled out my packet with recruiter today. Originally MEPS was to be beginning of November, since moved up to 20th of October, now we are going end of next week. I have 37 college credits. I was told it would get me enlisted as E-3. I was going to school on grant money. I got a terrific job offer that I couldnt pass up, and dropped out towards the end of a semester. I had put enough time into the courses to get some credit for them, and it was too late to drop the classes. I went to get my transcrips and was told that because I defaulted on the grant agreement, I was unable to get a paper copy of my transcripts until I took six credits on my own and successfully completed them. Recruiter cant give me credit for my credits. I'm waiting for ........well either end of this coming winter, or next fall for Basic/AIT. He said if I wait until I take the six credits, he can change my rank before leaving for basic, so I would go in as E-3. I'm soooo not all about the money, i'd definetely not have choosen the Guard or military if I was. Infact he wants a slot filled that would only be 10k bonus, rather then 20K with the original plan. It is a closer Unit, and has other benefits, but i'm still deciding on that one. That will be determined for sure next Friday at MEPS, still undecided, but not because of bonus, because I want my job to have the most potential for either full time civilian job in the Guard, or full time guard job eventually. Anyways, does anyone (likely recruiter) know of any way, the Guard would be able to get a hold of my transcripts without me taking those six credits? I understand because of privacy acts, its a tough one. But is there any way anyone can think of a law or something simular that would 'make' them give them to the Guard? I worked hard for those 37 credits and at first wasnt too torn by it, but its been getting to me lately. Why should I start at E-1, when on paper I deserve E-3. I know I defaulted on the darn grant, but owe no money for it, other then the six credits they want from me.

Thank you,
            Becky

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]I filled out my packet with recruiter today. Originally MEPS was to be beginning of November, since moved up to 20th of October, now we are going end of next week. I have 37 college credits. I was told it would get me enlisted as E-3. I was going to school on grant money. I got a terrific job offer that I couldnt pass up, and dropped out towards the end of a semester. I had put enough time into the courses to get some credit for them, and it was too late to drop the classes. I went to get my transcrips and was told that because I defaulted on the grant agreement, I was unable to get a paper copy of my transcripts until I took six credits on my own and successfully completed them. Recruiter cant give me credit for my credits. I'm waiting for ........well either end of this coming winter, or next fall for Basic/AIT. He said if I wait until I take the six credits, he can change my rank before leaving for basic, so I would go in as E-3. I'm soooo not all about the money, i'd definetely not have choosen the Guard or military if I was. Infact he wants a slot filled that would only be 10k bonus, rather then 20K with the original plan. It is a closer Unit, and has other benefits, but i'm still deciding on that one. That will be determined for sure next Friday at MEPS, still undecided, but not because of bonus, because I want my job to have the most potential for either full time civilian job in the Guard, or full time guard job eventually. Anyways, does anyone (likely recruiter) know of any way, the Guard would be able to get a hold of my transcripts without me taking those six credits? I understand because of privacy acts, its a tough one. But is there any way anyone can think of a law or something simular that would 'make' them give them to the Guard? I worked hard for those 37 credits and at first wasnt too torn by it, but its been getting to me lately. Why should I start at E-1, when on paper I deserve E-3. I know I defaulted on the darn grant, but owe no money for it, other then the six credits they want from me.

Thank you,
              Becky[/QUOTE]

Try to get an unofficial transcript, ie class schedule with final grades. That is all I gave my recruiter and it worked for him. Thats an odd problem, I've been to a lot of colleges and I've only heard of withholding transcripts when money is owed.

Comment

Working...
              X