X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast Guard Reserve to Army National Guard

I am currently 32 and in the Coast Guard Reserve as a 0-1. I have 13 years prior military background in the Air Force and Air Force Reserve rising to the rank of E-7. I am interested in transferring to the Virginia Army National Guard or Army Reserves. The Coast Guard Reserve is not fulfilling my career ambitions. My background is in Financial Management and Human Resources. I have an AS/BS in Business/Finance and MS in Management. Also Certified Defense Financial Manager certified and Defense Acquisition University certified in Program Management. Is it possible to transfer to the Army Guard and can anyone assist me on the paperwork? I live in Northern Virginia.

I received your email message. You and I will work together directly, but for the benefit of the forum I'll list a few facts:
    1. You have a home in the Army National Guard.
    2. You will keep your rank and years of service.
    3. You will face two board actions: a career field predetermination board to determine what you can do for the Army, and a federal recognition board (FRB) to grant you a Reserve of the Army commission. This process will take approximately 90-120 days.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Major and I look forward to working with you soon.

Comment

Working...
      X