X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Army ROTC Scholarships

College/university students! You still have time to apply for an ROTC Scholarship with the Army National Guard. Here are some main points:[LIST][*]Three and two year awards available. Graduate students may apply for a two year award as well.[*]Recipients must serve as SMP cadets with a local National Guard unit while on scholarship.[*]Scholarships pay full tuition (no limit) to any accredited college/university in America.[*]You can use Federal Tuition Assistance to pay tuition at lower cost schools, and use the ROTC scholarship to pay room & board on campus.[*]After graduation, the recipient serves eight years drilling one weekend per month and two weeks in the summer with a National Guard unit (any state). [/LIST]
    How to apply?[LIST=1][*]Speak with your ROTC enrollment officer at your campus. See [url]http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/find_schools.jsp[/url] for a list of schools with ROTC programs.[*][B]Apply through your ROTC program[/B] to your state's Army National Guard Officer Strength Manager. [/LIST]
    Because the funding for this program is so high, all qualified applicants have received an award for at least the past three years.

If interested, [U]don't contact me unless you attend college in Virginia[/U]! You need to work through your ROTC program to apply, because if you don't meet ROTC standards, you can't get an award.

Sir, I am sorry to bother you. I have just enlisted in the national guard and looking to become a commisioned officer. I have 65 college credits and will apply to rutgers university (NJ) in december (1 months before bct and ait). I am choosing to go to rotc. I will like more information from you regarding the dedicated army national guard scholarhips. I am eligle for the ROTC program but have just learned of these scholarships. Thank you very much for you consideration

Comment

The best person to speak with is the ROTC Enrollment Officer. Unless ROTC approves of you, you have no chance at this scholarship, so start with the ROTC program. In parallel, speak with your state's Officer Strength Manager -- MAJ Carmen Tucker, 609-562-0719, [email]carmen.tucker@us.army.mil[/email]. Tell her that I sent you.

Comment

can you get loan payback with smp/rotc?

Comment

[QUOTE=gsrtonv]can you get loan payback with smp/rotc?[/QUOTE]

The Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) is an enlistment incentive. To get it, you would need to complete Basic Training and AIT, then serve in that capacity as an enlisted Soldier. Thus, SLRP is effectively not available to you. Reference: SRIP 06-06, para 5e & 7k.

Comment

my opinion

i think that you should have some combat experience before you become a c.o. because you will have more respect from troops like us who have just joined. nobody wants to have to take orders from someone who has been in as many battles as they have, and have just completed basic training. I am an e-1 and i just joined and i was thinking the same thing "lets go to school and become an officer in 4 years" 2nd lt. thats kind of like cheating if you ask me. but on the other hand. some were meant for grunt warfare, and some were meant to command those in the trenches.

ps. ROTC does seem like it would be a blast though

Comment

thank you

thank you mathew ritchie for help regarding rotc. I have been accepted at rutgers and also got into the proram there. the guys over there didnt like the fact that i was only 18 in the advanced course, let them deal wit it. About the guard scholarships, i have not heard anyone mention anything to me and most cadets are going to active. just wanted to thanks.

Comment

[QUOTE=jadingra]thank you mathew ritchie for help regarding rotc. I have been accepted at rutgers and also got into the proram there. the guys over there didnt like the fact that i was only 18 in the advanced course, let them deal wit it. About the guard scholarships, i have not heard anyone mention anything to me and most cadets are going to active. just wanted to thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're in a good place. Tell all your friends about the ARNG scholarships. MAJ Carmen Tucker is the OSM in New Jersey, contact her at [email]carmen.tucker@us.army.mil[/email].

Comment

[quote]
                  After graduation, the recipient serves eight years drilling one weekend per month and two weeks in the summer with a National Guard unit (any state).
                  [/quote]
                  This doesn't relate to ROTC per say, but if I had to drill 8 years, do I have to do all of those 8 years with the same unit? For example, if I had to relocated because of my primary career, could I choose to drill in a different state?

Comment

[QUOTE=Polo08816]This doesn't relate to ROTC per say, but if I had to drill 8 years, do I have to do all of those 8 years with the same unit? For example, if I had to relocated because of my primary career, could I choose to drill in a different state?[/QUOTE]

Your eight year drilling obligation is to the Guard as a whole, not to a particular unit or even a particular state. You can fulfill your commitment while changing units, states, or even branches.

Comment

Working...
                    X