X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp training school

HI,im new and trying to decide between active duty or the guard,but either way i want to be an mp and was hoping someone could tell me about the training you have to go through

i am also thinking of becoming an MP in the national guard.

Comment

[url]http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armytrng/a/mpschool.htm[/url]
      [url]http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blmplife.htm[/url]
      [url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/usamps.htm[/url]

Comment

any idea how long AIT is for an MP?

Comment

8 weeks 3 days

Comment

Has anyone found the MP training beneficial in obtaining a civilian LE job?

Comment

Im sure it does help, any experience is helpful when your entering a new field. The only 'sample' i can give you is the current police chief of my home town. its a small town so he's only got 1 officer under him, but i wouldnt doubt his experience as a military MP got him the job, actually im almost sure of it because it sure isnt his wits. he's not exactly the brightest bulb.
              Last edited by djashburnmn; June 18th, 2006, 01:29 PM. Reason: reworded it

Comment

[QUOTE=gregbpc]Has anyone found the MP training beneficial in obtaining a civilian LE job?[/QUOTE]
                Where I am from Military MP experience actually does little to help you during the interview and all the phases of the process. You get 5 points towards your overall interview/process score, but any MOS/Military can get those. The advantage you might have is if you and another candidate are neck and neck then Military training could be considered a plus.

Comment

Can someone tell me anything about the mp special reaction team?

Comment

The special reaction team or SRT, is the SWAT for an Army Post. Now being a ten year MP as well as a civilian police officer, the Army is well behind in the law enforcement side compared to say a large city PD. Army MP's are starting to train more towards Battlefield and EPW operations. Most of the Army posts state side have even gone to DOD police officers because MP's are needed for OIF and OEF.

Comment

I would think it would help because you already have the weapons training and combat training you would learn at the Police Academy. Being a MP you already have a grasp on Law, even if it is Military Law instead of civil law but the understanding is there.

I am also thinking of joining and if I do being an MP is going to be my first choice in MOS. Im giving myself a week or so before I make a decision. It's a big decision because it will affect people other than myself.

Good luck to everyone

Comment

Thank you for posting this, it was helpful.
                        This was posted in 2006, anyone have a responce on the out come of this.
                        Last edited by LTT91; May 30th, 2008, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X