X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-citizen?

could non citizen join guard army? IŽam 30finnish and I want to join, what I spouse to do!

To be eligible to enlist, a non-citizen must:

(1) Entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form 1-551/I-551 greencard or stamped I-94), and

(2) Established a bona fide residence, and

(3) Established a home of record in the United States.

The visa and/or "greencard" must have sufficient time remaining on it (expiration date) to be valid during the entire term on enlistment. While non-citizens may enlist in the U.S. Military, they are not allowed to serve more the 8 years unless they first become U.S. Citizens. However, there are accelerated citizenship procedures for non-citizens on active duty.

Comment

Re: Non-citizen?

[QUOTE=2ndglance;2387]To be eligible to enlist, a non-citizen must:

(1) Entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form 1-551/I-551 greencard or stamped I-94), and

(2) Established a bona fide residence, and

(3) Established a home of record in the United States.

The visa and/or "greencard" must have sufficient time remaining on it (expiration date) to be valid during the entire term on enlistment. While non-citizens may enlist in the U.S. Military, they are not allowed to serve more the 8 years unless they first become U.S. Citizens. However, there are accelerated citizenship procedures for non-citizens on active duty.[/QUOTE]

Hi! I am from Brazil and I am currently going through my Bachelor in Fine Arts here in the United States. I love this country and I was interested in joining the National Guard.

I am here in a F1 Student Visa. What are my chances?

Comment

A Student Visa is not a Permanent Residence Visa. You do not qualify at this time. Sorry.

Comment

You need to have a permanent residence visa (Green Card). No other will be accepted. Student visa means you will be here temporarily.

Bom dia.

Comment

Working...
          X