X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in RSP here I come.

I am scheduled to go to BCT at Ft. Knox, but right now I am a little anxious about the first drill. I am not sure what to expect. Has anybody got any insight that may help.

Thank You.
    Last edited by thissith; May 25th, 2006, 11:14 AM.

Give this link a shot... I just came accross it, and cannot vouch for how up-to-date it is... but it should be good for some infor that may be of help to you.

[URL="http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/Prep_For_Basic_Training/index.shtml"]http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/Prep_For_Basic_Training/index.shtml[/URL]
    Last edited by LRSU_Dog; June 13th, 2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I've found that if you pay attention to detail; do what you're told to do (and in a VERY timely manner) keep your nose in your own business (don't watch someone get in trouble); DON'T call the drill sergeants sir, look them in the eye, or say "I'm sorry"...just say "yes drill sergeant" or "no drill sergeant"... you will be just fine. Good Luck!! :)

Comment

What is RSP?

Comment

RSP is recruit sustainment program. It is drilling that you do with the guard for your pre-basic training and gets you in the right mind set of BCT. If you follow your orders dont complain and do everything you are told to do and NEVER call a drill sergeant sir or mamm then you will be good to go. RSP is like a once a month drilling and you dont do much except learn what to expect in Basic Training. The goal of RSP is to provide you with a once a month drill that teaches you everything before you go to BCT and so that you are ready by the time you ship out. RSP is a great thing to do and if you enlist before you go to BCT you should take advantage of it and follow RSP with everything you are. RSP is very valuble and will help a civilian become the mind set of being a soldier.

Comment

Thanks, XxAdriesseNHARNG892xX!

Is it the same thing if you have to go to the WTC instead of BCT?

Comment

Drink tons of water 4 days in advance...whatever amount of water you drink, it wont be in your system till 3 days later....whatever your drink that day only quenches your thirst.

RUN RUN RUN RUN

I have been out of shape my whole life...about 20-30 pounds over weight, I couldnt even run a block before I would puke or couldnt breath. I run daily, and I made the mile non-stop in 8:20, and Im 31. There was this guy who was 38, and smoked us all.....a lawyer, same story as mine :)

Comment

Hay RSP is simple, just look straight ahead, listen, look forward and do what your told. Don't volinteare for any thing. I've gone to RSP for over a yaer now and it's fun

Comment

i dont mean to be rude but rsp is kind of a joke, you will have fun its pretty easy unless you have stupid people that cant follow directions. ive gone to 4 drills now and will be there til janurary when i ship, i cant wait to ship out but i chose to finish another semester of college first.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mwegs06]i dont mean to be rude but rsp is kind of a joke, you will have fun its pretty easy unless you have stupid people that cant follow directions. ive gone to 4 drills now and will be there til janurary when i ship, i cant wait to ship out but i chose to finish another semester of college first.[/QUOTE]
                    I found it quite helpful in at least knowing what my general orders were, phonetic alphabet, and all those goodies before heading to basic. I didn't think it was a joke at all - our drill sergeants and cadre were tough and we had "muscle failure" PT every Sunday morning.

Comment

i actually really enjoyed my RSP, and I was only there for Blue Phase.

from what it seams, white phase is the most fun... they were outside doing marching formations and wargames while we were all inside doing paperwork and talking all day

Comment

I received a letter from my boyfriend who is now at Basic and one of his comments was "The stuff I learned at RSP really helped, I wish I hadn't missed those few." So anyone on the fence, there it is... supposedly it will help at basic

Comment

It's all in the unit. Some RSP locations were much more serious than the one I attended. I will say this though, I think that the program is pretty much a joke. It gives you all the "perks" of being in the military with none of the appreciation for the sacrifice (you learn that at basic). Yeah, it was KINDA helpful in learning basic stuff such as stand at parade rest for an NCO or call the room to "at ease" when one walks in, but overall it was stupid. I also found that when I got to basic (my entire platoon was NG) and was comparing RSP stories with the other privates I was dissappointed that even after their "hardcore" training they were still all "ate up." My platoon sucked and basic training was made so much harder because of a bunch of knuckle-heads who though they new everything because they went to a few RSP drills. It made some people really arrogant; they would say "I was a First Sergeant in RSP, blah, blah, blah." That really means nothing. All you really need to know before basic is keep your ears open and you mouth shut. Let the cadre take care of the rest.

Comment

I attended my first RSP drill last weekend, and i was very disappointed. I thought I would be learning about basic training. Instead I got to fill out my own PT test, I read a chapter about staying physically fit, 2 hours of showering, and ate leftover BBQ from a local joint...My MS 1 ROTC class is much harder than this. But I guess I can say it was the easiest $200 i ever earned in my life...

Comment

Well BLOW ME AWAY OLIVE OIL! What a difference in RSP programs. Mine seemed to get a little easier each time as I remembered more. I went for 4 months also, and yes, I saw the BONE HEADS and I saw the ATE UP ones as well as THE ONES THAT WERE KICKED OUT FOR BEING RETARDED (as our DS called us) Took the physical and emotional and THANKED MY RECRUITER, as they also say.
                              I ship out in 27 days to be exact and i'm still scared as spit! Scared of the possibility of not making it. The SSGT there complimented me (DANG IT I HAD TEARS STARTING TO FORM!) and said if I worked as hard at BCT he said i'd have absolutly no problem at all. The whole thing is nerve wracking, I want this more than anything else as many others do, I just don't want to mess up.
                              At my RSP, we were smoked into running 2 miles minimum AFTER a 2 mile NORMAL PT RUN! WTF! It's also convieniently located right next to the ocean so you have GEESE **** all over the place, now try being smoked in that nasty crap! NO FUN! We were slipping and sliding like a cat running 80 mph on a wood floor while trying to make a sudden turn. Horrible I say.
                              We got to practice the FATS game, I used the M16A rifle, FUN! Also me and my girls came in 2nd of 4 groups for the land navagation course, real nice. So we did a little of everything I guess you can say, and I definatly enjoyed it for the most part. Especially marching while singing cadences, my fav part.:rolleyes: :eek:

Comment

Working...
                              X