X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Info

Hey everyone, new to the forum and alot of valuable information is on here. One thing I am wondering about and on the main site it was touched very briefly on is RSP (Recruit Sustainment Program). All I know about this is that it is a pre-boot camp program, but it lacks some of the major details about the program. Where is this program being held at, does each state have its own RSP or would I need to travel? Would I need to pay my own expenses, meals and travel? How long is the program and what would I need to bring? I think that sums up my questions, but if you have even more info then what I asked for please share.

Thanks,
    Ryan

I belive its state has it own...you don;t have to pay for anything (infat am doing my RSP tommorrow) and i have the understaing that I will actually be getting payed to go like if it was just weekend drill.

Comment

Rsp

Prime is absolutely right. Each state has its own RSP program. The training typically focuses on physical fittness, marching, rank structure, and military discipline. They also touch on some of the Common Task Training (CTT) that you will learn in basic training such as first aid, land navigation, marksmanship, etc. Each state has its own training schedule, and the training varries. Basically, like you said, it prepares you for basic training, and gives you a better idea of what to expect when you begin BCT. You will be paid for a drill weekend, and all meals and expenses are covered.

Comment

Just one stupiud question..can you get in trouble if you don;t go to RSP...I was suppoe to go this morning but when I wroke up I felt very sick (like I had to throw up or something) so after Idi I went back to sleep and when I wroke up it was to late...so I called my Recuriter and explaiun the sistuation...I just don;t know if am in trouble or not.

Comment

Response about your post...

Hello.. I'm sure your not in trouble. You really can't get into to much trouble until you leave for your regular BCT, I'd say.. I'm not for sure though. Just so you know in regualr basic there is no going back to sleep even if you feel bad. It is definitly frowned upon. RSP is designed to get you ready for boot camp and to help you better understand what you'll be doing and what is expected of you.. I just wouldn't miss anymore for your own good. Your the only person you can hurt by not attending RSP and Drill weekends. Thanks and take care.. Bye..

-Drew

Comment

I know this is an old topic but hey.......For drills (or RSP) do they supply rooms for the weekend?

Comment

I'm not sure how other RSP's are handled but ours is held at a naval base in San Diego. They put us up in a Navy hotel for the night. I had the pleasure of rooming with probably the messiest seaman on the base. Had one heck of a time finding my bed. :eek:

That wasn't a huge deal because, after what we went through on our first RSP drill, once I hit the mattress I was out. They even let us sleep in an extra hour. :D

Ty--

Comment

I have had 3 RSP drills. The first on was a trip to a obstacle and confidence course about 2hrs away. We spent the night in some old barracks with dbl racks like you'll see in BCT. The second was at our RSP home unit. We stayed the night in the main squad bay and we slept on cots. The third we went home and came back the next day for our second training day. I guess it all depends on your RSP unit.

Comment

We have to stay overnight in a hotel, even if we live in town. Someone thinks its preparing us (ever so slightly) for Basic.

Comment

RSP is required of all new recruits in the ARNG prior shipping for BCT unless your ship date is before the next scheduled RSP drill. From the time you swear in at MEPS you are in a paid-status and are there by [U]required [/U]to report to RSP. If you are continously absent you can be discharged, so yes, you are required to go to RSP.:D

Comment

I just found out that Mass is not sending prior service through RSP so I luck out.:D

Comment

Working...
                      X