X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Eligible?

I am 41 years old with 4 years active duty Air Force. I understand that I am eligible to enlist in the Guard up to the age of 43. Is this correct? I have an honorable discharge but an AF Re code of 2Q. I hear that may disqualify me from any military service but recently I've been told I can get a waiver. Is this true? If so, do I have to do basic training, WTC, or either? Thank you for your time.

You are eligibible if an applicable waiver for the narrative reason/SPD code is granted for the ARNG. Take your DD 214 to a local National Guard recruiter and have him apply for a waiver if you meet all other qualification criteria.

Comment

I will make an appointment to see a recruiter, but I need to know if I'm too old to get back in first. No sense on wasting my time and more important, wasting his time, if I'm too old. Thank you.

Comment

re am I eligible

I read your previous post and had a question. I have 3 years active duty, 4 years in the guard, and a total of 8 years inactive reserve. What would be the max age I could join back up.

I have 2 honarable discharges, one from Active Army and the other from the RI National Guard. Since getting out I also have gone to college. I would make sure I can pass the pt and weight standards before I talked to someone.

I would be looking to get back in at the age of 43 so I think I would be ok.

Thanks,
        Bill

Comment

[QUOTE=wdemr]I read your previous post and had a question. I have 3 years active duty, 4 years in the guard, and a total of 8 years inactive reserve. What would be the max age I could join back up.

I have 2 honarable discharges, one from Active Army and the other from the RI National Guard. Since getting out I also have gone to college. I would make sure I can pass the pt and weight standards before I talked to someone.

I would be looking to get back in at the age of 43 so I think I would be ok.

Thanks,
          Bill[/QUOTE]

Bill,

In your case you have 7 years of qualifying service (inactive reserve is considered not creditable service for the com****tion of age per AR 135-180). Since you have 7 years of qualifying service you should be able to enlist up to the age 49

If you need help with pt let me know. Right now I'm helping my son get in shape so he can join the Guard. Currently we are working out seven days a week (because he's on a time crunch) and we alternate between Camp Fogarty and the track at Toll Gate High School in Warwick. If you think it may help you to work out with a group, let me know. My son is running about a mile and a quarter right now and working towards the two-miles.
          Last edited by SSG Beckering; January 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM. Reason: Outdated information

Comment

Where can I find the PT and weight requirements for females?

Comment

Working...
            X