Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp

Whats it like. I am nervous. Any tips on what to expect. Thanks:D

anyone out there care to share what to expect from your first weekend at rsp ..any help would be appreciated:)

Comment

Rsp

Your first weekend you are considered Red Phrase. I dont have the info for you, because my first weekend was a little different. We werent at our 'home' drill site and I was just thrown in with everyone else. Normally though, you get some classroom training on the basics. Formation, marching, rank, general type stuff. You do your PT with everyone else. I had my first one this past weekend.

Formation was at 10:00. Flag raising ceromony took a few minutes. Brief thank you to the new recruits. They had all the platoons form and they had us do basic movements. Such as right face, left face, about face, stand at attention, parade rest, rest, at ease. Then we did the PT tests. One minute of push ups, one minute of sit-ups, one mile run. Because of snow and slippery route, we did riffle PT instead of the mile run. I think I would have enjoyed the run more! My arms are a bit sore from that riffle PT!!! After that you do other things. This weekend drill was about first aide, so we broke into classrooms and learned all that. If it had been a weekend on land navigation, we would have done that at that time. Had some lunch. Did more classroom training, or whatever training your weekend was about. Then more PT later that evening. We worked right up until 22:00 and then had time for personal hygiene and lights out. Next morning we got up at 0500, did some PT. We actually played a game for ours. Was about two hours in the 'crab walk' position playing with this huge ball (about five feet in diameter) and played something that was simular to soccer with it. Then more classroom training. Or whatever training that weekend was for would be done at that time. Had lunch. Had formation again and we were given clean up duties. Then final formation with promotions and other information they needed to give us and we were excused at 13:00.

I tend to worry more about the unexpected. I definetly worried more then was needed. Other then you will work your butt off, even the classroom training had PT involved, it really wasnt bad. They know you are new and will be understanding. Plan on sitting, standing, and sleeping on concrete for two days. My backside is sore from that!

Comment

thanks alot .. i appreciate the info...
        hooah

Comment

Rsp is a very important tool for a new warrior. At BCT you can tell the ones who had the opportunity to have an rsp oppose to those that didn't.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Your first weekend you are considered Red Phrase.
            [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]
            Such as right face, left face, about face, stand at attention, parade rest, rest, at ease.
            [/QUOTE]
            That was quite fun when we did it up here in MD.

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]
            I tend to worry more about the unexpected. I definetly worried more then was needed. Other then you will work your butt off, even the classroom training had PT involved, it really wasnt bad. They know you are new and will be understanding.
            [/QUOTE] Exactly, I was soo scared i wanted to leave but after i was told we weren't going to have the APFT the next day i was fine. I was actually sad to leave. You'll recieve a Battle book with the rank insignia's the same stuff you can find on [URL="www.virtualarmory.com"]www.virtualarmory.com[/URL] but in hard copy form. Relax you'll do fine. I was worried that i would suck at PT i really should start working out more. I think i might go do that now actually.

[QUOTE=WIBecky74] Plan on sitting, standing, and sleeping on concrete for two days. My backside is sore from that! [/QUOTE]
            You'll be marching a lot. everywhere is double time.
            The beds were great.

TAKE THE FOLLOWING!!!! (my recruiter didn't tell me to take anything my first week)

Toothbrush
            Tooth paste
            Washcloth
            Towel
            Dollar Store flip flops (for the showers.)
            Shaving cream
            Razor

Comment

Working...
            X