X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 days left till basic ,wife getting edgy

:eek: Hello I would really like some help on this matter. I ship the 2nd of Aug. How long before my pay kicks in and the triwest medical benefits. I am going to start the in-depth process this week. I just need some help on this to ease the wifes mind a little. I am talking with my civil. job to see how long I can keep medical. I know there is a plan for this and will speak to my recruiter this week just thought this might help her.

depending on where you go for basic will depend on the amount of phone calls you may be able to have to notify your family, when you get to reception battalion you will start setting up all your dependent insurance and everything. that usually takes about a week. as soon as that is set up your wife will need to obtain a military ID card then she will be able to use your medical insurance. if you arent able to communicate with her during this time then have her work with the local armory to obtain her ID card. hope any of this was helpful for you.

Comment

I didn't know the Guard gave you dependent medical or an ID for dependents, I thought only active duty got that???

Comment

While you are at Basic Training / AIT, you are considered Active Duty. During that time, you have full medical coverage for you and your family through Tricare. You will also have the benefits for 60 days or so when you return. (don't quote me on the exact timeline). In order to enroll your family in DEERS, you need to get your spouse and any children 10 years old or older a dependent ID card. This will enroll them in the system for tricare, and allow them to use the benefits while you're gone to training.

Comment

Re: 35 days left till basic ,wife getting edgy

I just wanted to add some current information for this question. You are also eligible for health insurance when you come home and are an Army National Guard soldier. TRICARE Reserve Select premium rates are established annually on an calendar year basis. You are required to pay the monthly premiums if you decide to enroll in TRICARE Reserve Select. The 2010 monthly premiums are:

TRS Member-Only coverage: $49.62 per month.
          TRS Member-and-Family coverage: $197.56 per month.

Comment

[QUOTE=SSG Beckering;136696]I just wanted to add some current information for this question. You are also eligible for health insurance when you come home and are an Army National Guard soldier. TRICARE Reserve Select premium rates are established annually on an calendar year basis. You are required to pay the monthly premiums if you decide to enroll in TRICARE Reserve Select. The 2010 monthly premiums are:

TRS Member-Only coverage: $49.62 per month.
            TRS Member-and-Family coverage: $197.56 per month.[/QUOTE]

Hey SSG, welcome to the board. You might want to look at dates of the threads you post in, this thread is 4 years old.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. Again, I have been informed to go to the very beginning of the forums.

Comment

Working...
              X