X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma or Kansas Guard?

I am a resident of a small town in the Oklahoma Panhandle and have been in contact with recruiters from both kansas and oklahoma. I have been more heavily recruited by the kansas recruiter. I plan on going into what the recruiters call a SMP with me being contracted with the Guard and the ROTC program at Oklahoma State University. My question is would i benefit more from being a part of a unit close to me (going to school in stillwater oklahoma and my unit being in oklahoma city) in terms of training with them and drilling with them, that would be what happens if i go with the Oklahoma Guard. now if i were to sign with the kansas guard i would be a part of a unit in kansas city yet my kansas recruiter tells me i will be able to drill in stillwater upon approval of the commander in KC. Which option is best for me? and is it going to piss off the recuiter in kansas if i happen to sign on with the oklahoma guard?

If it were me, I would go with OK. Don't worry about the recruiter, he will live.

Comment

What it comes down too

First off this is a decision that is going to effect[B] you [/B]for the rest of your life, so no one should make this decision except you. Do what you feel is best for you and do not worry about hurting a recruiters feelings. I am sure that he will just be happy that you joined the guard.

Comment

Working...
      X