Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can officers get the GI Bill kicker?

123456789jkjkjkj
    Last edited by just1n1985; January 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM.

[QUOTE=just1n1985]Or is that just for critical enlisted jobs? and what all education benefits are officers entitled to? thanks[/QUOTE]

The only circumstance in which an officer can draw the GI Bill Kicker is if he is a lieutenant lacking a bachelor's degree (and to find yourself in that position is unenviable).

Officers may draw everything else -- federal TA, perhaps state TA (as defined by each individual state), GI Bill.

Comment

Re: Can officers get the GI Bill kicker?

MAJ,

I have been enlisted for almost three years and did not get the kicker in my original enlistment contract. I am attached to an RTI unit and ship for AOCS 17-JAN and was wondering if you new the steps I needed to take in order to get an addendum to my contract for the GI Bill Kicker? I am not sure if it is the responsibility of the RTI unit that I am currently attached to, my unit that I will return to when I graduate or if it should be completed before or after OCS.

I do not have my Bachelors degree yet but am 8 courses short so it looks like I am eligible per your post.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Re: Can officers get the GI Bill kicker?

[QUOTE=armyguy626;139142]MAJ,

I have been enlisted for almost three years and did not get the kicker in my original enlistment contract. I am attached to an RTI unit and ship for AOCS 17-JAN and was wondering if you new the steps I needed to take in order to get an addendum to my contract for the GI Bill Kicker? I am not sure if it is the responsibility of the RTI unit that I am currently attached to, my unit that I will return to when I graduate or if it should be completed before or after OCS.

I do not have my Bachelors degree yet but am 8 courses short so it looks like I am eligible per your post.

Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

For best results, have this conversation with your State Education Services Officer (ESO). Find his email, and scan him your contract and college transcript. In your email, state clearly what you seek, and why you qualify. Then, schedule a time to have a phone conversation. Do some of his work for him, and make it easy for him to say yes quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X